Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Benefits of 15.5v Lithium Battery vs 12v Lead Acid for campers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We intend to use our soon to be arriving Model Y as a tent replacement in the future. This also means we will be carrying lots of electronics devices, including power hungry laptops, a small fridge, and even a 1.5kwh rechargeable battery.

My understanding was that the existing lead acid 12v only allowed for around 150w worth of power for charging electronic devices inside the car. I'm wondering if the new lithium battery setup allows any higher output?

Not looking for Ioniq 5 VTL like numbers (I believe 1.6kw at 110v) but hopefully something higher than 150w.

Have you thought about a tiny camper? we have a MYPOD, it's like a hard shell tent, has a battery, you can power electronics for a long time on it, has an A/C unit. If you are going to campgrounds anyway, you don't have to rearrange the Tesla everytime your going to bed.

We intend to use our soon to be arriving Model Y as a tent replacement in the future. This also means we will be carrying lots of electronics devices, including power hungry laptops, a small fridge, and even a 1.5kwh rechargeable battery.

I suggest not using the car’s 12V battery as a source for all of this. Use that rechargeable battery for those things.