Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bent 19” Rims on a Pothole

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In my past experience, my repaired rims were never the same. always a slight vibration that they couldn't get rid of.

You could file a claim with insurance or file a claim with the road authority. In the end, it will still likely cost you $. Its a cost that largely goes uncounted for justifying road repairs.

Our governor won an election based on the slogan "Fix the damn roads", but now congress thinks that's too expensive. Much cheaper for the state to have people pay to fix their own cars that were damaged by the roads.
I've managed to win one of these only once - I'm still upset at myself for not claiming that it destroyed all four wheels, instead of two, to make up for the other times it's happened. I had to have a mountain of evidence amounting to an ironclad legal argument, and in the end, the entity that determines whether the city's at fault... is the city itself. Real objective.

• Informative
Reactions: Ecoli
I repaired 2 of mine so far, but currently, 3 of my 4 stock 20" rims are bent. I took them off and inspected them and found a crack forming at the bend in all 3 of them.

Since you had them repaired keep an eye on them and inspect the area once per year at least. ALuminum likes to fatigue when it is damaged, and cracks can easily turn larger.

I personally put stronger wheels on mine, instead of more repairs on a weak rim.

• Informative
Reactions: niray9 and Ecoli
I repaired 2 of mine so far, but currently, 3 of my 4 stock 20" rims are bent. I took them off and inspected them and found a crack forming at the bend in all 3 of them.

Since you had them repaired keep an eye on them and inspect the area once per year at least. ALuminum likes to fatigue when it is damaged, and cracks can easily turn larger.

I personally put stronger wheels on mine, instead of more repairs on a weak rim.
Ouch 3 of 4 bent!
Were is this crack bend
got a pic?

Thanks for that.

Recently replaced my tires. Due to your comment I told the tire shop to let me know if the bent wheels which were repaired look ok. They said they looked good. My guess is my wheels were probably not bent so badly as some other cases or maybe the repairer did a good job.