Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bent a 2021 Model S 21" Arachnid Rim

Took my Model S in for service due to a vibration in yoke steering at higher speeds. Thought it was an alignment issue but ended up being a bent front passenger rim. Damn potholes and 21" rims do not mix well. And this just a few weeks after replacing front driver's side tire for a sidewall bubble, likely caused by a different pothole.

I am replacing the rim with a new one outright. Question is, would it be worth trying to repair it and keeping as a potential 'spare' wheel, or possibly selling on used market? I have not seen it yet so do not know the extent of damage... but will upload a picture later. Anyone know of places that would purchase a used/repaired rim?

2101Guy

Jan 6, 2020
USA
Id get it fixed and use it vs the spend on a replacement.
More likely than not, its the inner portion of the barrel (opposite the outer side, which has spokes for strength) that is bent. Some tire shops use a rubber mallet to hit it/straighten it enough to eliminate any sort of vibration.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC