Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bent back of seat - how bad is it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an MX 7 seater and always have the 3rd row folded down. I took my car into a full service car wash today after a weekend camping trip and when I got home I realized they had put the 3rd row back up while vacuuming. I folded them back down and noticed that bottom of the right back seat was bent up (see photos).

It looks like maybe someone tried to force the seat back when the trunk hatch lid wasn't set on right or something.

Just passed a month with the car and even if it was someone at the car wash, kind of surprised it'd be that easy for someone to damage the seat like that, which makes me wonder if anyone else with a 7 seater has ever seen this on theirs?

Any idea what to expect from service for something like this? Given that it's a new car, any chance they'd treat this as a defect?

...sigh.... barely made it a month.

IMG_3636 copy.jpg
IMG_3634 copy.jpg
IMG_3635 copy.jpg

I have an MX 7 seater and always have the 3rd row folded down. I took my car into a full service car wash today after a weekend camping trip and when I got home I realized they had put the 3rd row back up while vacuuming. I folded them back down and noticed that bottom of the right back seat was bent up (see photos).

It looks like maybe someone tried to force the seat back when the trunk hatch lid wasn't set on right or something.

Just passed a month with the car and even if it was someone at the car wash, kind of surprised it'd be that easy for someone to damage the seat like that, which makes me wonder if anyone else with a 7 seater has ever seen this on theirs?

Any idea what to expect from service for something like this? Given that it's a new car, any chance they'd treat this as a defect?

...sigh.... barely made it a month.

View attachment 257050 View attachment 257051 View attachment 257052

My MX 6 seater arrived with exactly this defect - SC treated as a warranty issue, and had clearly seen it before. I remember them referring to it as "that thing that happens sometimes with the 3rd row seat backs...."

Every loaner Model X I've used has had that with the rear seats, from brand new to ones with 15,000 miles. Thankfully I don't have it, but if I did, I'd expect it to be a common warranty issue since I've already documented it three times with their loaners.

Just went to put the seat down in my 2 week old 2023 7-seater Model Y and found it like this.

IMG_5620.jpeg

Wife said last time she lifted it, it was tough to pull up 🤦. We have the Spyder cover over it so I’m sure she didn’t see the bottom piece sticking out instead of going under like it’s supposed to. Put a service appt in. Driver side rear window is also rattling while driving and wipers skip all over the place after they’re on longer than 5 minutes even in heavy rain. Asking them to look at and fix all these things.