Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Bentley unveils 'fastest, most powerful' SUV ever"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was waiting for one of these threads... Fastest is not equal to quickest. While the Model X is quickest accelerating SUV it is not the fastest.

The Bentley is supposed to top out around 187mph. I can guarantee the Model X will not go that fast. :)

I was waiting for one of these threads... Fastest is not equal to quickest. While the Model X is quickest accelerating SUV it is not the fastest.

The Bentley is supposed to top out around 187mph. I can guarantee the Model X will not go that fast. :)

Unless you live in Germany that is totally pointless.And even there you have to get up early, on a Sunday morning, to catch the autobahn without the regular commuters, to get up to that speed. You will not find ANY SUV's taking on the Ferrarie's and other super cars who get up early Sunday just for that reason. Get caught by any State patrol trooper with let's just say 120mph on the interstate and let me know how that works out for you!LOL Getting up QUICK to the speed limit of 65mph is what it is all about!LOLx3. I love the 3.2 and 2.8, but who needs it?? Range is the key and Tesla has it.

"The 6-liter twin-turbocharged 12-cylinder engine churns out 600 horsepower, good for zero to 60 miles per hour in 4 seconds flat, according to the automaker."

Someone needs to tell Bentley that about the Model X with ludicrous at 3.2s 0-60.

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/09/09/bentley-unveils-fastest-most-powerful-suv.html

I guess it's technically true since the Model X is a crossover, and has only been partially revealed :rolleyes:

Also, what's the correct pronunciation of Bentayga?

In 2 years of ownership I can count on one hand the number of times I have had our S over 100, and I can count on one thumb the number of times I was over 110. 135 is too much in the USA and 155 is just crazy.

I'll take 60mph before I cross an intersection any day over 100+ mph speeds.

I wonder if Bentley rushed to make that announcement before September 29th. :) Horsepower and acceleration-wise, it is a tough time for ICEs. On top speed and sustaining top speed, they win of course. Their one salvation in the numbers game is their German origin at this point, where that fact is appreciated and even demanded to an extent.

Well, that and folding second row seats which BEV SUVs can't do.

Even though I live and drive in Germany, going 160mph is possible, but nothing I do regularly. There are a few individuals out there that push their cars to the limit, but going faster than 110mph is incredibly impractical with heavy traffic and other drivers criss-crossing between trucks and exit lanes on our mostly two-lane Autobahn. I have tested the 160mph of my Model S once, just to verify that it can go that fast. 100mph is the exception. 85mph is my travel speed.

Considering all this, what's an SUV worth that could go 185mph? Plain old silly advertising.