Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Beside myself with Excitement! After 2 Yrs Hard Work I've sold my wife on the X!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't stop smiling, this weekend we plan to reserve the Model X. She finally said YES! Just had to share. This is the most excited I've been since she said YES to marrying me at the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. I had to go through so much to get to this point... (her wasting 37 grand on a gas guzzling Mercedes Benz, her insisting we keep both our VW Passat AND my Chevy Volt, endless nights of her exclaiming "Ugh are you looking at Tesla stuff again?"). I can proudly say it has all been worth it. She is ready to ditch the Passat, her Mercedes, and reserve an X. So far we have decided on WHITE with Dark Grey Turbine wheels. Yes I know we will not receive the car until end of next year, maybe even 2017. But I don't care. Thanks for letting me vent my joy!

Congrats - looking forward to seeing her post all her "Tesla moments"

p.s. Congrats also on the most shocking truncated thread title: "I'm beside myself with excitement! after 2 years hard work I've sold my wife" is all I saw on the forum page - lol, made me both relieved and happy to read your actual post :wink:.

Congrats - looking forward to seeing her post all her "Tesla moments"

p.s. Congrats also on the most shocking truncated thread title: "I'm beside myself with excitement! after 2 years hard work I've sold my wife" is all I saw on the forum page - lol, made me both relieved and happy to read your actual post :wink:.
LOL. Gotta come up with the money for the Model X somehow. :)

Congrats. Great first post! :) It took a test drive of a Model S and 2+ years of pestering but really it was the reveal event that got my wife to embrace the awesomeness of the X. :)
Yes it was the most recent 2nd reveal event I believe that pushed her over the edge. Plus she recently saw that Oprah purchased a Model S and heard Stephen Colbert bragging about his Tesla on the Late Show. I also recently test drove the P90D Ludicrous enabled S with autopilot, and I think the look on my face when I got home said it all.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats - looking forward to seeing her post all her "Tesla moments"p.s. Congrats also on the most shocking truncated thread title: "I'm beside myself with excitement! after 2 years hard work I've sold my wife" is all I saw on the forum page - lol, made me both relieved and happy to read your actual post :wink:.
HA! That made me laugh. That's great. My wife would be a much quicker and easier sell, she's beautiful! Thankfully I get to keep her AND the X

I love these jubilant posts by new members. It wipes a bit of the grime and jadedness off us grizzled veterans.

I too had a long process to convince my wife to let go of her beloved "Fred", a Ford Escape Hybrid, so we could go all-electric, all-Tesla. Now that she has the hottest car in the family, a P85D, she is one happy camper!

I love these jubilant posts by new members. It wipes a bit of the grime and jadedness off us grizzled veterans.

I too had a long process to convince my wife to let go of her beloved "Fred", a Ford Escape Hybrid, so we could go all-electric, all-Tesla. Now that she has the hottest car in the family, a P85D, she is one happy camper!

Yup..seeing how excited and thrilled they are reminds me of what I was like 1.5 years ago.
Still love the car, just focusing more on the negatives now.

I have reserved one for my wife but it is till very much in the air. She loves our Model S and loves driving it, but we drive a lot from CA to Vegas and Utah and she does not want to stop and charge. I wish they would beta test "Battery Swap" in Barstow, it is so busy it would be a great place to work out kinks.

She was really bummed that the middle rows don't fold too. We use every inch of our Nissan Armada now.

She also thinks the falcon doors are too flashy and as funny as it sounds she hates that there is no scan button on the radio. She thinks that a car as advanced as a Tesla should have a scan button. #firstworldprobs

Congrats on the sale! Trading up to one with less miles? :biggrin:

Screen Shot 2015-10-22 at 2.42.25 PM.png

I can't stop smiling, this weekend we plan to reserve the Model X. She finally said YES! Just had to share. This is the most excited I've been since she said YES to marrying me at the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. I had to go through so much to get to this point... (her wasting 37 grand on a gas guzzling Mercedes Benz, her insisting we keep both our VW Passat AND my Chevy Volt, endless nights of her exclaiming "Ugh are you looking at Tesla stuff again?"). I can proudly say it has all been worth it. She is ready to ditch the Passat, her Mercedes, and reserve an X. So far we have decided on WHITE with Dark Grey Turbine wheels. Yes I know we will not receive the car until end of next year, maybe even 2017. But I don't care. Thanks for letting me vent my joy!

Ha, awesome & congrats! :D