Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best 19 in all season tire for tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys and gals
Looking for new 19 in all seasons for spring time. Whats peoples opinions for the best all seasons for my slipstreams. I want a smooth ride and good grip on cornering. Quiet would be good. I thought the continental tourings were a bit loud and rough and actually felt the x ices i have one now are more silent w better ride tho its a bit squishy. Love to hear thoughts esp on pilot sports or other types people have tried

I have Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus on my car right now. They seem to be wearing evenly after 10k miles and they are decently quite. They are an all season touring tire so they don't push the limits of handling but they have no negative effect on range which was a primary reason to buy them for me.

I had the Pirelli P zero all season plus tires which were very good, but I replaced them with the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ and I have to say they’re much nicer. To me they’re quiet and handle very well especially in the summer

The original Good Year Eagle's worked great for the first 30k so opted for those again...and can't beat all 4 for $700 installed!
Buyers should be aware that there are two similar tires with this name. The tire that Tesla uses has internal foam that is designed to decrease road noise. You can also get the tire without the foam for considerably less ($135 vs $217 at Tire Rack). Be sure you are comparing the same tire...

Buyers should be aware that there are two similar tires with this name. The tire that Tesla uses has internal foam that is designed to decrease road noise. You can also get the tire without the foam for considerably less ($135 vs $217 at Tire Rack). Be sure you are comparing the same tire...

The tests I saw showed no significant measurable difference in sound level. I'll save $80 a tire, thank you.

That is a great point that I have over looked. You feel there is a difference with the foam? I guess Texas roads are just noisy for that's all I hear at times.

That is a great point that I have over looked. You feel there is a difference with the foam? I guess Texas roads are just noisy for that's all I hear at times.
I had the GET with foam for 34K miles. I was happy with them.

I bought Michelin MXV4 simply because of the treadwear warranty, which the Goodyear tires don't have. I drive 30K+ miles a year and replacing the tires is annoying. I got the MXV4 instead of the MXM4 because of slightly less noise and slightly less cost. Should be about the same rolling resistance.

I did a lot of research and finally did a kind of informed roll of the dice. The things that were important to me were either hard to get valid info on (rolling resistance) or pretty subjective (noise). Winter performance was of zero importance since I avoid ice and snow, and I'm retired so I can choose not to go out in bad conditions if I don't want to. I'm not a performance driver, so that aspect isn't extremely important.

Basically it boiled down to getting something that was not too expensive, had a treadwear warranty, was not often reviewed as being noisy, and was a LRR tire. And the tire will only last a year, so if I'm wrong I have a year to formulate my next guess.:rolleyes:

A/s 3 vs a/s 3+. Big difference?

Yes, quite a bit of difference between those. There was a member here who tried the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3's instead of the A/S 3+'s and found that the older non-plus version was markedly inferior. There should be very few of the older A/S 3's left in the retail channel, they have been discontinued for a while. Get the A/S 3+'s if you're going with this tire.

I bought 245/45ZR19 R19 Yokohama Advan Sport A/S 102Y XL BSW Tires on eBay for $643.96 and had them installed at Discount Tire on Elliot near Costco in Tempe, Arizona for $130.27. I love them and they are wearing much better than my previous two sets of Michelin Primacy tires. The Yokohama tires come with a 50,000 mile warranty. Right now you can get them for $602 ($50 off) at Discount Tire. I have always loved my Yokohama tires.

Hey guys the michelin pilot sport a/s 3+ are on sale at costco for 796 installed. I have winters on now but bought a second set of rims for putting them on in the spring. Anyone think this price is exceptional for the cost. If so ill just take the rims to costco and order the tires and have them installed on rims but wont put them on car til later in year. Otherwise if this is a pretty normal price for them then ill just wait til april to put them on