Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best 19 in all season tire for tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I said in my earlier review, the Pirelli Cinturato P7 have a UTQG 700, and so I anticipate getting more than 50k miles. After getting only 25k miles on the OEM Goodyears that were on my 2016 Model S, I was absolutely done with those.

Has anyone had an opportunity to compare the A/S 3+ vs. Cinturato’s in terms of quiet ride? The two most important criteria for me when I get my 3 season tires in the spring is quiet and tread life and I would sure love to hear someone’s thoughts that has actually driven with both.

Reactions: boonedocks
Hi guys and gals
Looking for new 19 in all seasons for spring time. Whats peoples opinions for the best all seasons for my slipstreams. I want a smooth ride and good grip on cornering. Quiet would be good. I thought the continental tourings were a bit loud and rough and actually felt the x ices i have one now are more silent w better ride tho its a bit squishy. Love to hear thoughts esp on pilot sports or other types people have tried

Another datapoint.

Please understand that this is apples to oranges, and unfair to the Michelins at multiple levels, but I just replaced the OEM Michelins at 30K miles with Pirelli P7s.

I have a 2015 S85D, and I'm not a particularly aggressive driver 90% of the time, but will push the car hard every so often. We have four seasons where I live, but rarely more than 2-3 days of snow a year. Lots of rain year round.

The Michelins still had more than 50% of their original tread at 3.5 years and 30K miles, but they were becoming increasingly noisy and slippery. Dry traction was mediocre and wet (especially cold) traction was awful. Also, for reasons not entirely clear, I'd had more flats in two of these tires in 18 months than all of my other cars combined over the last ten years or so. My garage is plumber for air tools, so checking and maintaining pressure is simple for me, but I got fed up with airing tires up literally every morning.

The Pirellis are of course brand new, but they are dramatically quieter and have much better grip in dry and wet conditions. I haven't been in hot conditions yet, but in temps from high twenties to seventies they are a dramatic improvement from the middle aged michelins.

• Helpful
Reactions: Struja
Pirelles cinturato p7 plus. It rides relatively quiet initially and a bit louder near the end, but no any worst than the OEM. Traction is good and thread wear is excellent, though dont expect the 70K miles they advertised expect 45K due to the weight of the model s and the EV drive train. Traction on dry is worst than OEM, but that is expected due to the hard rubber. It is also comfortable as the OEM and also slightly better efficiency than the oem. I highly recommend if you are looking for a replacement from the Goodyear foamed OEM tires. There is a thread I started way back about this. Note you should only get these if you have awd model s. It is horrible on the rwd model s due to lack of traction on dry roads. If you are light footed then it is ok for rwd, but where it shines in awd.

I really like the Michelin MVM4 for nice quiet ride but SomeJoe7777's and navinsiri's suggestion of the A/S3+ is the more performance oriented option.

I have had two sets of these tires and am totally happy. Both from Costco; both sets about the same price (your $796 is not bad). The first set was replace at 55000 miles. The 4 I have on there now are about half worn at 35000+ miles. I have no reason to search out other tires unless someone can top those numbers.

Great, quiet ride and great traction.

Another datapoint.

Please understand that this is apples to oranges, and unfair to the Michelins at multiple levels, but I just replaced the OEM Michelins at 30K miles with Pirelli P7s.

I have a 2015 S85D, and I'm not a particularly aggressive driver 90% of the time, but will push the car hard every so often. We have four seasons where I live, but rarely more than 2-3 days of snow a year. Lots of rain year round.

The Michelins still had more than 50% of their original tread at 3.5 years and 30K miles, but they were becoming increasingly noisy and slippery. Dry traction was mediocre and wet (especially cold) traction was awful. Also, for reasons not entirely clear, I'd had more flats in two of these tires in 18 months than all of my other cars combined over the last ten years or so. My garage is plumber for air tools, so checking and maintaining pressure is simple for me, but I got fed up with airing tires up literally every morning.

The Pirellis are of course brand new, but they are dramatically quieter and have much better grip in dry and wet conditions. I haven't been in hot conditions yet, but in temps from high twenties to seventies they are a dramatic improvement from the middle aged michelins.
This is very useful. Thank you.

I think real world experience often carries the day. I wish someone had warned me about noise levels on Blizzaks before I bought them for my last car. I have X-Ice 3's on the Tesla and they are a marked improvement.

On tire rack, I vaguely remember comparing the P7's with the AS3+ and for some reason I thought the Michelin's came out better. I will have to look again to be sure as that would be a key selling point to me. Range and treadwear a close second.

The original Good Year Eagle's worked great for the first 30k so opted for those again...and can't beat all 4 for $700 installed!

My P100D I ordered with 21" Grey Turbines, these have the Michelin Pilot Sports on them.
I bought a set of 19" Silver Slipstreams with Eagle Touring Sound Comfort / Tesla tires off eBay, they were a Take Off Set. Comparatively they are Quiter than the Michelins by a bit, they also seem to work great in the Snow that I've driven on so far here in Michigan. I went All Season because you drive on Snow maybe 20% of the time thru a Winter & the AWD is already an upgrade over the Camaro 2SS I drove in previous Winters (Had Blizzaks for that)

I agree on the stock eagle Turing, they are great all-around tires. Although I don’t think I will get more than 18 to 20 K out of Them. Drove back from Tahoe over donner pass in the snow and ice in a RWD S75 with no problems. It was a white knuckle drive, but I made It. Biggest problem was windshield icing Over. Lied to chain control and said it was all wheel drive. Fortunately traffic never came to a complete stop!

I have 2k miles on Pirelli Cinturato P7s and a square set of TSTs on my S75D. Excellent wet traction, good dry traction, quiet ride, minor even wear so far. My only complaint with these tires is wavy road feel on grooved concrete highways - it seems more pronounced than what I would consider normal. Even with that complaint, I would still buy the Pirelli Cinturato P7s over other alternatives.

Hi guys and gals
Looking for new 19 in all seasons for spring time. Whats peoples opinions for the best all seasons for my slipstreams. I want a smooth ride and good grip on cornering. Quiet would be good. I thought the continental tourings were a bit loud and rough and actually felt the x ices i have one now are more silent w better ride tho its a bit squishy. Love to hear thoughts esp on pilot sports or other types people have tried
Has anyone tried the Yokohama Avid ?
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/surv...toModel=Model+S&autoModClar=75D&autoYear=2017

I bought 245/45ZR19 R19 Yokohama Advan Sport A/S 102Y XL BSW Tires on eBay for $643.96 and had them installed at Discount Tire on Elliot near Costco in Tempe, Arizona for $130.27. I love them and they are wearing much better than my previous two sets of Michelin Primacy tires. The Yokohama tires come with a 50,000 mile warranty. Right now you can get them for $602 ($50 off) at Discount Tire. I have always loved my Yokohama tires.

still like them?