Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best 19" Replacement Tire for Range/Efficiency?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is what I got. They were on clearance at the time so just paid $150 each. They are on the list as ok for Tesla 3. But could not find that wh/miles stat about them but figured for this price I would go for it. I am a normal driver...nothing too crazy and these tires are perfect for me in Atlanta. I do drive fast on the highway and after almost 9000 miles I am at 288 wh/mi Go NOLES!! hehehehe I'm on the GA EV plan so when I do charge the car it is just over a penny a kwh from 11pm to 7am daily.

235/40R-19 PIRELLI CINTURATO P7 ALL SEASON PLUS XL

At the time many said to try these also....

Pirelli CINTURATO P7 ALL SEASON PLUS II - SIZE: 235/40R19

Continental PureContact LS

+1 on the Continental PureContact LS.
Don't know if they are most efficient, but they are lighter then OEM tires, and have higher tread life rating, and are well rated tire by Tire Rack review. I converted from OEM 18" aero's so I have believe my avg. wh/mile has increased slightly, but that is to be expected, even though my wheels/tires combo are lighter than OEM 19"s

upload_2020-9-23_9-29-48.png

I think the RESIDENTIAL TIME-OF-USE RATE SCHEDULE TU-25 looks pretty good.. .approximately 4 cents.... .for most of the year.
The only time is is approximately 28 cents is Jun 1 to Aug 31 from 2pm to 8pm. If you do not work from home...then this plan certainly looks appealing. Just get out the calculator and your old bill and do that math... that way you can see if it is cheaper.... It should list on and off peak hours. But 4 cents ain't bad if you get home from work around 6-7 pm.... not suffering too much keeping the air a bit warmer til 8pm and then cooler down for a good nights sleep.

I think that the ProContact RX (stock that came on my car) are Continental's top LRR tire, but lower wear (40K miles), whereas the PureContact LS "EcoPlus™" - which represents improved wet grip and wear (70K mile advertised). The ProContact RX has less tread depth 9/32", vs the PureContact LS at 10/32"

I have managed to squeak out 46K miles on my stock tires, and think I may just replace them with the same.