Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best 19 tires replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of my biggest concerns when I was considering buying my MS100D was tire wear. I had read horror stories about tires lasting only 5,000 to 15,000 miles! I drive 25,000 miles/year, so that would mean going through lots of tires. I’ve been pleasantly surprised that I got 42,000 out of my OEM Goodyears and I now have 58,000 miles on my current set of Michelin Energy tires. I do want to replace those now, and I want to stay with Michelin. A touring tire is fine for me, since almost all my driving is in GA and FL. My priorities are long wear and noise. I’d like to get at least 60,000 miles. Thanks for your advice.

TireRack has these. Any hands on experience with them?

Screenshot 2022-11-24 063547.png

I'm very pleased with the Michelin CrossClimate2 tires I'm currently running. My average Wh/mi is the same as the Michelin Primacy MXM4 tires, but the tread life is looking to be quite a lot better. I'm currently at about 30,000 miles on the tires. They're quiet and have a very unique tread pattern that I quite like. :)

mmihv0_ang_l.jpg
I placed these tires on my S for the late fall winter season. The rain performance is pretty awesome. They don't corner as well as former Michelin Premier tires though. Put they look mean as well on the car from there rear.

Are you still happy with your Pilot Sport 4's? Does Michelin offer an "acoustic" version and "non-acoustic" version? Are you still getting low wh/mi? I'm ready to replace the tires on my 2018 MS100D. Thanks for your help.
Love these, but just switched to PS4 AS for winter. The PS4 is an amazing summer tire, but dangerous below freezing. It is an acoustic version. My wh/mi through summer was 290, which is really good for a P90DL rates at 310.

I placed these tires on my S for the late fall winter season. The rain performance is pretty awesome. They don't corner as well as former Michelin Premier tires though. Put they look mean as well on the car from there rear.
we have the cross climate 2 on for our second season year round in colorado....they wear the least of all tires i have tried and the ride is great and snow and ic is excellent

I just replaced 245-19 Continental DWS. They had just over 62k miles on them. The S has just worn off and with ski season it was time to put new ones on. This is set number 3, I love this tire, so I'm keeping one as a spare. I get lots of punctures so the tire I'm keeping has 1 patch and the others have 2-3.
2016 90D slip stream wheels, 155k miles, 279 kWh/m lifetime.

Reactions: pilotSteve
I just replaced 245-19 Continental DWS. They had just over 62k miles on them. The S has just worn off and with ski season it was time to put new ones on. This is set number 3, I love this tire, so I'm keeping one as a spare. I get lots of punctures so the tire I'm keeping has 1 patch and the others have 2-3.
Great information, thanks!

How is it possible that is the same tire I got 22,000 miles from? (Yes, my alignment was perfect and I rotate every 5000 miles) makes no sense.
I would buy them again if I had that life out of them.

He's in a 90D and you're in a P85D. Driving habits and power contribute to tire lifespan as well, but 60k is pretty crazy. I don't think I've read anyone getting that out of a set of performance all seasons.

I might only get 25k out of my A/S 3+s. I'm at 22.5k and tread depth is 5/32. They've been good tires, but I will be replacing them with the DWS06+.

Upon closer inspection if you are getting 60+k miles, for each of 3 sets, this would equal 180k miles, plus the original tires that came with the car, but you have 155k miles total?

Subtracting this set from your mileage total you went through the first 3 sets on your car, the original Goodyears and 2 sets of DWS in 155-62 = 93k miles. Assuming you got just 25k out of the Goodyears you got an average of 93-25= 68/2 = 34k miles for each of the first 2 sets of DWS. That seems a little more realistic.

perhaps you had 4 sets of tires total, and you forgot you changed them once? Had a set of winters one season?

I have a '20 non performance S. Within a week of ownership I put the Continental Extreme contact DWS on. At 12242 miles today
I had to order 2 new front tires. Almost completely bald and failed NYS inspection. Called Continental due to 50K warranty, what a joke. Not necessarily Continental but the place they sent me to. Guy told the problem is Tesla's are crap cars that eat tires. And did you ever have to change brakes good luck ....I said what do you drive that you think my car is a piece of crap...he said a Prius... I sad buddy your an A...Hole, Nice how you talk to customers, Go F yourself. Walked out called Continental back and they said to buy 2 new tires and send them the receipt and they would send shipping labels for the 2 bad ones and they will send me back the difference for the pro-rated cost.
Update. After a long determined effort to get something out of Continental I was finally successful. My tires had 12500+ miles on them, and constant back and forth and repeatedly sending info,(invoices) and sending them the tires back for inspection, on their dime I am getting $420 back out of $600. I plan on getting rid of the car probably later this year so it was a win for me. Just have to keep calling and getting frustrated but I will take the win.

Reactions: dark cloud
I just replaced the tires on my 2018 MS100D. I got 60,000 miles out of the Michelin Energy tires I replaced. Very happy with them. My new tires are Michelin Primacy Tour A/S. Hoping I get similar miles out of them.
Any feedback on the Michelin Primacy Tour A/S? I was trying to decide between those and the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4, I've had a couple of sets of the MXM4's and looking for a new tire. No major complaints about the MXM4 just looking for a newer technology tire (that is sold at Costco).

Edit: Ended up pulling the trigger on the Primacy Tour A/S since ride comfort and efficiency was my top priority. Seems like the A/S 4 offer better traction but a little less range and a little bit stiffer ride.

Last edited:
Any feedback on the Michelin Primacy Tour A/S? I was trying to decide between those and the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4, I've had a couple of sets of the MXM4's and looking for a new tire. No major complaints about the MXM4 just looking for a newer technology tire (that is sold at Costco).

Edit: Ended up pulling the trigger on the Primacy Tour A/S since ride comfort and efficiency was my top priority. Seems like the A/S 4 offer better traction but a little less range and a little bit stiffer ride.
So far, I’ve been very happy with my Primacy Tour A/S’s. Efficiency is a little worse so far, but otherwise excellent.

So far, I’ve been very happy with my Primacy Tour A/S’s. Efficiency is a little worse so far, but otherwise excellent.
Approximate W/Mile?

When you say efficiency is a little worse, are you comparing to the Michelin Energy when new, or when they were at the end of life? I had noticed a noticeable loss in range when I initially switched between OEM (Eagle Touring) to Pilot Sport A/S 3+, but that difference reduced as the tread wore down. The Pilot Sport A/S 3+ have been a good tire, just noisy and harder ride when compared to the Eagle Touring. The Pilot Sport handling was far superior, and would miss that going to another touring tire. I have 40K on the tires with 5/32" left - figure I will get the 45K miles on them that was advertised. I have read reviews that the Primacy doesn't come close to the advertised tread life, but hard to know how useful those reviews are without knowing driving habits ...

I imagine it's too early to know tread life, but how has the Primacy Tour handling been for you?

Approximate W/Mile?

When you say efficiency is a little worse, are you comparing to the Michelin Energy when new, or when they were at the end of life? I had noticed a noticeable loss in range when I initially switched between OEM (Eagle Touring) to Pilot Sport A/S 3+, but that difference reduced as the tread wore down. The Pilot Sport A/S 3+ have been a good tire, just noisy and harder ride when compared to the Eagle Touring. The Pilot Sport handling was far superior, and would miss that going to another touring tire. I have 40K on the tires with 5/32" left - figure I will get the 45K miles on them that was advertised. I have read reviews that the Primacy doesn't come close to the advertised tread life, but hard to know how useful those reviews are without knowing driving habits ...

I imagine it's too early to know tread life, but how has the Primacy Tour handling been for you?
Yes, wh/mi are a little higher on the new Primacy's than on the end-of-life Energy's. I'm hopeful that will improve as the Primacy's get some miles on them. Otherwise, I really like them. Ride is very good, handling seems good, noise level is good. So far, I have no regrets.

Yes, wh/mi are a little higher on the new Primacy's than on the end-of-life Energy's. I'm hopeful that will improve as the Primacy's get some miles on them. Otherwise, I really like them. Ride is very good, handling seems good, noise level is good. So far, I have no regrets.
Thanks for the additional information - not that I'd want to make use of it, but I just got off the phone with Michelin and they mentioned that Michelin has a 60 day Satisfaction Guarantee program - which removes the risk of getting stuck.