Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best 19 tires replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very interesting. If you were to put a swag percentage on noise reduction, what you estimate?
From the last month of the Eagles to now, 300% from two years ago to now, far harder to say but a swag would be 25%? This is somewhat unfair comparing a three year old tire with brand new, but there it is. I'll simply say that with the windows down, rolling away from a stop sign i still can't hear the road but may get some gravel chirping. The Goodyears were very very noticeable noise wise since I took the winters off.

Any thoughts with respect to cornering/handling/braking compared to the Goodyears? I'm still giving these some consideration.
I have been away due to work and haven’t put any more mileage on them, but will get you an answer after a bit of spirited driving. My guess based on the 500 km so far is that the Eagles were better at cornering as their sidewalls were stiffer. The QTrack seem “built for comfort” less for rapid transitions in the corners. The rounded profile is great for rolling resistance and low noise. I haven’t locked up the brakes yet so my guess is the newer rubber will compensate for the older compound and worn tread. Sorry, not very scientific but just my best guess.

I should add that I was told the tires would get better once they are broken in. I can’t see how the noise would improve but am looking forward to a more sporting drive without compromising on the GT aspects of the tire. My garage smells like a tire shop just from the off gassing from these four tires sitting for a week, so that gives you an idea of how new they are from the factory. The installer had to order them in for me, so I think I lucked out.

I have been away due to work and haven’t put any more mileage on them, but will get you an answer after a bit of spirited driving. My guess based on the 500 km so far is that the Eagles were better at cornering as their sidewalls were stiffer. The QTrack seem “built for comfort” less for rapid transitions in the corners. The rounded profile is great for rolling resistance and low noise. I haven’t locked up the brakes yet so my guess is the newer rubber will compensate for the older compound and worn tread. Sorry, not very scientific but just my best guess.

Appreciate the feedback! As the only commenting Tesla owner with this tire, it looks like you're the authority on the subject.

This is the only semi-formal review I've been able to find online. I didn't realize this was considered their flagship tire:

Tire Review: Firestone Destination A/T2 and X/T, Bridgestone QuietTrack - Off-Road.com

I just put on the Bridgestone QuietTracks (19") and they seem excellent. Love them so far. I drove them home in the rain and the grip was good. Maybe a little less grip than my Goodyear OEMs but they were brand new in the rain so not sure I can expect any better. I think they will be just as good once they are broken in some. The reduction in noise is huge. There is virtually no road noise and all I really hear now is my engine. its amazing how quiet they are. The ride might be slightly bumpier. I feel the little bumps in the road a little more but it doesn't bother me. It's still a great ride. When I am on a smooth road, the ride actually feels smoother. That may be the lack of noise making it seem like that. Overall, no regrets yet but I've only put on ~100 miles. I got 23k miles on my OEMs so hoping to get a lot more with these.

• Informative
Reactions: Cheburashka
I just put on the Bridgestone QuietTracks (19") and they seem excellent. ... The reduction in noise is huge. There is virtually no road noise and all I really hear now is my engine. its amazing how quiet they are.

You got an engine with your Tesla?! man did I get ripped off! :)

I completely agree on the road noise comments, these are incredibly quiet.

Last edited:
Appreciate the feedback! As the only commenting Tesla owner with this tire, it looks like you're the authority on the subject.

This is the only semi-formal review I've been able to find online. I didn't realize this was considered their flagship tire:

Tire Review: Firestone Destination A/T2 and X/T, Bridgestone QuietTrack - Off-Road.com

Their review makes me feel more positive about the decision to purchase, as they seem to have more confidence in the tire than my limited cornering would suggest. These didn't seem as stiff, but it could have been the road or other imperfections. For flagship tires they were a slightly better deal than the Michelins and Conti's I was considering, so even better. Is it possible they are offering them at lower intro prices until there are more reviews? Tire Rack was already predicting these would be their #1 in the GT category.

It would be great if the next time someone gets a new Tesla, they could take decibel readings (any iPhone app for the purpose will do) with the new OEMs over a certain stretch of highway, and then 2x,000 miles later, take another set of readings, and then do the same with the replacement tires both at inception and after the same 2x,000 miles or at the same tread depth anyway.

Any new tire will sound quieter than a worn tire.

As another datapoint, the Pirelli Cinturatos I replaced the OEM Goodyears with are not going to get anywhere near the ~54K I got with the OEM Michelins that came with the first Model S.

The non-adjustable rear camber is a real problem. As was the $1800 round trip spent trying the aftermarket adjustable rear camber links from EVTuning that turned out to be a complete waste of money and time due to the known defective design of those links (the bushings squashed immediately and came apart with less than 5,000 miles driven thereon). Which reminds me, I still haven’t heard from them about the new design that’s supposed to be coming - but for the cost and time involved plus another alignment... yeah, not a good situation.

I’d be surprised if I got 30K miles from the Pirellis. Not at all impressed as this effectively doubles my annual tire cost.

• Informative
Reactions: Tezzie
Discount Tire has as much as a 15% off promo in a couple of days, in addition to another $50 off. I might take the plunge on these Bridgestones.

https://www.discounttire.com/promotions/4th-of-july
Check to see if Bridgestone offers their 60 day free exchange policy in your area? It's supposed to take the risk away from trying their newest tires, though if you are limited to other Bridgestones then it obviously limits the pool of replacements. If their top of the line GT isn't for you, you can always try AS or summer performance tires?

Got about 32k miles on the perelli. So no way getting the anywhere close to the warranty, hopefully the prorate. Saw the discount tires deal and was thinking of switching. Continental pure contact claims efficiency and quiet with some wet performance. Same 70k miles warranty but with the 10% Mastercard and 70 Visa and slightly cheaper than perelli, it might be the cheapest 70k warranty tires right now.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
It would be great if the next time someone gets a new Tesla, they could take decibel readings (any iPhone app for the purpose will do) with the new OEMs over a certain stretch of highway, and then 2x,000 miles later, take another set of readings, and then do the same with the replacement tires both at inception and after the same 2x,000 miles or at the same tread depth anyway.

Any new tire will sound quieter than a worn tire.
Agreed. I think before and after putting on the new QueitTrack tires, if someone could do a test, that would be awesome.

Check to see if Bridgestone offers their 60 day free exchange policy in your area? It's supposed to take the risk away from trying their newest tires, though if you are limited to other Bridgestones then it obviously limits the pool of replacements. If their top of the line GT isn't for you, you can always try AS or summer performance tires?

From what I thought I read the other day, I think Bridgestone's satisfaction warranty applies anywhere. Regardless, it is highly unlikely I would go to the trouble to exchange the tires.

Anyway, I just finally pulled the trigger on the Quiettrack. About $180 discount with 15% off offer at DT through the 30th.

I will try to remember to measure the decibels before/after on the same stretch of road. Install is scheduled two weeks out. Sorry, I have no benchmark for when these Goodyears were new, but it's a pretty good bet that anyone who names their tires "Quiettrack" is producing a damn quiet tire. Tires are at about 4-5/32s now.

I've got fairly new Premier A/S on another car, and on the wrong road surfaces those things roar.

• Informative
Reactions: Cheburashka
From what I thought I read the other day, I think Bridgestone's satisfaction warranty applies anywhere. Regardless, it is highly unlikely I would go to the trouble to exchange the tires.

Anyway, I just finally pulled the trigger on the Quiettrack. About $180 discount with 15% off offer at DT through the 30th.

I will try to remember to measure the decibels before/after on the same stretch of road. Install is scheduled two weeks out. Sorry, I have no benchmark for when these Goodyears were new, but it's a pretty good bet that anyone who names their tires "Quiettrack" is producing a damn quiet tire. Tires are at about 4-5/32s now.

I've got fairly new Premier A/S on another car, and on the wrong road surfaces those things roar.
Cool. And if you happen to also record the sound before and after, that might give some added perspective given its more about a certain audio frequency that they apparently are designed to reduce.

Experiment done. Same stretch of two lane road, same direction, no traffic ahead, behind, or oncoming, no A/C, no music, same weather (clear day), 60 MPH on EAP, same handheld position of phone, recorded using AudioTools RTA. I used the screen capture feature of IOS to record the images every few seconds, and you can see the time in each image. The before tires are insulated OEM Goodyears with 4/32 tread left, after tires are brand new Bridgestone Turanza Quiettracks. The one other variable not controlled for is the temperature of the tires, as the return home had more miles on the road than when I had departed with cold tires.

Before (Goodyear):
IMG_1019.png IMG_1021.png IMG_1023.png IMG_1025.png IMG_1027.png

After (Bridgestone):
IMG_1036.png IMG_1038.png IMG_1040.png IMG_1042.png IMG_1044.png

The results are a bit surprising, but based on this experiment I don't see evidence that the new Bridgestone Quiettracks are any quieter than the Goodyears. Perhaps a noisier road surface could be where the Bridgestones would shine. Or doing highway speeds. I consider that stretch of road in my test to be smooth enough, and the wind noise from the window area is most noticeable. If I had taken the tread down to 2/32 like many people, maybe there would have been a more obvious difference (not that it would be a fair comparison).

So to me the name seems deceptive. Or maybe the Goodyears are exceptionally quiet. But if the Bridgestones have anything close to their purported longevity, and handle comparably to other GT tires, they could still be a contender.

Experiment done. Same stretch of two lane road, same direction, no traffic ahead, behind, or oncoming, no A/C, no music, same weather (clear day), 60 MPH on EAP, same handheld position of phone, recorded using AudioTools RTA. I used the screen capture feature of IOS to record the images every few seconds, and you can see the time in each image. The before tires are insulated OEM Goodyears with 4/32 tread left, after tires are brand new Bridgestone Turanza Quiettracks. The one other variable not controlled for is the temperature of the tires, as the return home had more miles on the road than when I had departed with cold tires.

Before (Goodyear):
View attachment 427625 View attachment 427626 View attachment 427628 View attachment 427631 View attachment 427629

After (Bridgestone):
View attachment 427645 View attachment 427641 View attachment 427637 View attachment 427638 View attachment 427646

The results are a bit surprising, but based on this experiment I don't see evidence that the new Bridgestone Quiettracks are any quieter than the Goodyears. Perhaps a noisier road surface could be where the Bridgestones would shine. Or doing highway speeds. I consider that stretch of road in my test to be smooth enough, and the wind noise from the window area is most noticeable. If I had taken the tread down to 2/32 like many people, maybe there would have been a more obvious difference (not that it would be a fair comparison).

So to me the name seems deceptive. Or maybe the Goodyears are exceptionally quiet. But if the Bridgestones have anything close to their purported longevity, and handle comparably to other GT tires, they could still be a contender.
Hmm... good summary. Thanks for taking the effort to capture.

Given that Bridgestone said the tread was designed to reduce the sounds in the same frequency we talk, are you hearing any noticeable difference with your own ears? I'm wondering now if its more about frequency vs. overall decibels.

Reactions: Silicon Desert