Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best 20" or 21" square setup with all seasons tires?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All,

I have my 2022 Model S LR on order and should be delivered this month. I got the 21" arachnids, but being in the Seattle area, I want to change my wheels to either 20" or 21" with all season tires. Any recommendations? I know Tsport line sells 20" TS5 with Michelin all seasons so that is an option. Anyone have 21" with all season tires in a square setup?

thanks!

Curious what you ultimately went with? I'm shopping similar situation, but comparing 20" from Tsportsline vs. 21" winter tires on OEM wheels vs. 19" OEM takeoffs...leaning towards the 20" all seasons, but wanted to hear from someone that has them.

I just recently mounted some 20" T sportlines TS5 with all seasons and I'm very happy with them. Can't say how more efficient they are compared to the 21" arachnids since I have only about 200 miles on them to date. Weather here is much colder but I'll update as time goes. If you decide to order from T sportsline, add them to your cart and leave them in for a day. I received a 10% discount code by doing so!

We have done a few on the S LR.

21x9.5 Square with staggered offset (AKA the best of both world setup)

I also just got a set of TS5 20" with Michelin all-seasons. I haven't had a chance to mount them yet as local tire shops are swamped due to the Seattle snow. I ordered a floor jack to mount myself, but it won't be here until EOW. In the meantime, I've been ceramic coating the wheels with Carpro DLUX.

1669786448109.png

Attachments

• 1669786758674.png
    1669786758674.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 92
Reactions: Fastcar
We have done a few on the S LR.

21x9.5 Square with staggered offset (AKA the best of both world setup)

Why is this the best setup? That tire rotation sounds painful. Why not just get all 4 wheels with the correct front offset and run spacers in the rear?

Why is this the best setup? That tire rotation sounds painful. Why not just get all 4 wheels with the correct front offset and run spacers in the rear?

Spacers can bring the rear to flush fitment, but it won't give you a deeper rear concavity profile. Square with staggered offset gives you the same staggered width look with deeper rear concavity without having to run a wider rear tire + better efficiency.

Typical staggered width setups like OEM can't even rotate, while it is an option with the square with staggered offset if needed. Simply take the car to the tire shop, and have them dismount and swap them around. Not so painful while you sit in the waiting room sipping coffee.

Like we always say, one size doesn't fit all. Some owners like yourself might prefer a sqaure setup with a spacer for easy tire rotation, some prefer the staggered width like the factory, and some prefer in between.

I've been running a 20x9 +35 setup with 245/40 tires. It's nice, but the wheel/tire size combo offers basically zero rim protection. I've heard of a few people running 255/35R20s up front (the most restrictive size) on the Model X slipstream thread. Anyone running that setup square? I think the speedo will be off by a couple mph, but other than that, any issues?

Hello All,

I have my 2022 Model S LR on order and should be delivered this month. I got the 21" arachnids, but being in the Seattle area, I want to change my wheels to either 20" or 21" with all season tires. Any recommendations? I know Tsport line sells 20" TS5 with Michelin all seasons so that is an option. Anyone have 21" with all season tires in a square setup?

thanks!
I’m looking at a car right now with the sport line and they totally look aftermarket so I think I’m giving you advice to save you about $4000 why I tell you refrain from buying aftermarket!! a car will be able to fit all season tires on the 21 inch wheel and you can double check on tire comparison.

Ive owned 6 Teslas and I think the Sportline are very noticeably aftermarket ugly

I also just got a set of TS5 20" with Michelin all-seasons. I haven't had a chance to mount them yet as local tire shops are swamped due to the Seattle snow. I ordered a floor jack to mount myself, but it won't be here until EOW. In the meantime, I've been ceramic coating the wheels with Carpro DLUX.

View attachment 879699
Looking at running this same setup. How has this worked out for you over the last several months?