Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best 20" tires for range and tread life?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, i have a model LR with acceleration boost, and so i do like to speed a lot on roads..
I also live in california, so winter tires are not an issue for me.

I currently have the 20" pirelli p zero on my car, and i drove the car with these new tires at 7" tread for about 6 months aka ~8000 miles, and mobile service technician checked the tread today before tire rotation, and the rear tires were at tread level 3 while front was at 7.

I do like to speed so i expected the tread to go down, but it was shocking to learn that the treads were that low.

what are some good after market tires that i can buy that will not make my range "worse" than it is, and have a relatively long tread life?

Thank you.

By far the biggest determinant of tread life is driving style/habit. So stop launching it at every stop light. I’m at 37k miles on original PS4s and I still have 5/32 left all around. If you must maintain your driving lifestyle, downsize to 18” wheels to save money with each tire change which for you is like twice a year which is insane for a non-sports car.