Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best $25 Accessory from Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, to be fair, it is the only $25 accessory Tesla offers but I find this wall connector cable organizer very handy and quite a bargain. Sure helps out with the cable clutter.

Tesla Replacement Wall Connector Cable Organizer

sold out. Price increase must be pending :cool:

IMG_2120 2.jpg

I bought one of those a couple of years back as a hanger for my mobile charger as well. It was to replace a simple hanger purchased from Home Depot. I wanted to love the tesla hanger but ended up hating it because the handle simply refused to stay inside the holder. The slightest touch or jostle and the handle would go clattering to the garage floor. Now the cable and handle simply get wrapped on top of it, the original usage intention long forgotten. Maybe they've improved since then - I hope so.

I bought one of those a couple of years back as a hanger for my mobile charger as well. It was to replace a simple hanger purchased from Home Depot. I wanted to love the tesla hanger but ended up hating it because the handle simply refused to stay inside the holder. The slightest touch or jostle and the handle would go clattering to the garage floor. Now the cable and handle simply get wrapped on top of it, the original usage intention long forgotten. Maybe they've improved since then - I hope so.

hummm, I see what you mean. It does wobble a bit inside it. Hasn't come off its rocker yet but I can see how it would.

I got one and installed it outside on my wall for use with my UMC. It's totally compatible with the UMC (since it has the same exact handle as the HPWC) and very handy. It keeps the cable organized and looks really nice too. It's very easy to store and remove the handle inside the receptacle when you're in a rush to get out.

Ask @ggenge about his recent experience with the wall hook. His adapter fell out and broke (he was able to bend the flimsy aluminum back in place) - it isn't the most secure design for sure. I suspect it is "sold out" at Tesla while they redesign a better one. @ggenge called Tesla and they mentioned numerous similar cases virtually acknowledging the flaw of the holder.

A replacement cable (for the HPWC) was $250+

My HPWC has the same one, it's kind of crappy. The handle falls out too easily so I let the handle hang since I loop it over top.
Agreed. Every destination charger I've ever encountered with one of these hanger/organizers from Tesla does the same thing - the slightest touch or wiggle of the hanging connector handle or if the cable isn't just at exactly the right angle, and then the charging connector falls out and hits the ground. Poor design, the little nib inside the organizer hole that's supposed to hold the connector is just too small. And so people just drape the cable over the top without inserting the handle in the (useless) hole.

a $5 garden hose hanger from the hardware store does a much better job IMO

I love my little cable organizer. My HPWC is installed in the middle of my side garage wall so I used to have to unravel a couple of loops of cable every time I needed to plug in. But now my organizer holder is mounted right next to my charge port so I can just swing the plug over to the car with an easy single-handed movement rather than fussing with loops of cable. Much quicker and more convenient than the way I used to do it. I haven't had any issues with the cable falling out in the past 7 months or so.