Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best 7 seat Accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's definitely a lack of accessories like floor mats, storage bins, cargo area protection for 7 seaters.
Would love to know what everyone is using.

I really wanted something like this cargo protector but it's only for the 5 seat. I emailed Taptes to see if 7 seat is coming

I also wanted this sub trunk organizer from rpm tesla but in the video he says it doesn't fit the 7 seat Model Y Sub Trunk Dual Level Trunk Organizer (2 Layers) $89

even the cargo net holder is 5 seat only Model Y Cargo Bay Holding Net - $49

this one from taptes says it works for 7 seat. anyone try it?

thanks!

Reactions: WyoDude and Saxgod
The BASENOR retractable cargo cover for the Tesla Model Y can be used with the 7 seat Model Y. I assume the other similar if not identical retractable cargo covers sold on Amazon, eBay and from RPMTesla also can be used with the 7 seat Model Y. Note: the retractable cargo cover cannot be installed in the side brackets of the 7 seat Model Y when the 3rd row seating is being used. Otherwise the retractable cargo cover can be installed, used whenever the 3rd row seats are folded down.

Here at TeslaShields, we have spent months designing our 7 seater trunk and frunk kits as well as our floor mat kits. We have opened up pre orders with expected shipment by October.

check them out here:

Here at TeslaShields, we have spent months designing our 7 seater trunk and frunk kits as well as our floor mat kits. We have opened up pre orders with expected shipment by October.

check them out here:
will you be selling the trunk piece seperately?

I saw one site (Tesmanian?) Has a full trunk set including seat backs, but its like $240 just for the trunk/seatbacks and it doesnt protect the 3rd row armrsets. Wish they had something like OP first showed that protected the 3rd row armrests.

I ended up getting the Tesmanian 5-seat full set (frunk, sub-trunk, trunk, front and rear all weather mats for $250. I dont think I can pay another ~$250 just for the trunk/3rd row. The 5-seat trunk mat fits okayish... enough that its not worth dropping another $250. If they sold it as a set for $200 I may consider it though I'd prefer some protection for those 3rd row arm rests. I hope Taptes converts that 5-seat design to fit in a 7-seat. Instant purchase.

I I have the Tesla shield ones. They are a startup company so you have to be patient with their updates and delivery but I'm very pleased. I haven't gotten the 3rd row mats yet though to comment on them.

I have these for the front seat and after 10 months or so they still look brand new and look like they are part of the car. I want to find some for the 2nd row but no luck.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S5KYHV...t_i_8YTRZYV6F7X5Q1AAFJ4V?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I also have Canvasback for the back of the seats, they are amazing! I highly recommend them

Attachments

• 20211002_081742.jpg
    20211002_081742.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 425
  • 20210828_151916.jpg
    20210828_151916.jpg
    902.3 KB · Views: 274
I also have Canvasback for the back of the seats, they are amazing! I highly recommend them
Ooh I like that cargo canvas, when I looked on amazon it didnt look like it came with the pieces that cover up the armrests... does it?

is it a slippery material (e.g., would grocery bags just roll around everywhere)? or is it rubbery / have some "stickiness" to it?
I wouldn't say it's slippery, but it's not rubbery/no traction. It's a canvas material, such as what you see on durable backpacks/duffle bags, some outdoor camping chairs (not cheap ones that have the tink tent material though) ect. Usually, when I go grocery shopping I fill up the back (or have them in collapsable boxes) so I can't comment on that, but I wouldn't expect things to stay in place when making a sharp turn less than if it was just carpet.

I would say if traction is a concern, buy something in addition to (such as nets that clip your stuff down) and don't make that a factor in not getting these because I can't imagine not having these now; I can throw my bikes and anything down in the back and not have to worry about it ripping up the carpet.