Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best After Market Upgrades?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really like my UMC bracket and cord control system.

Attachments

• IMG_1600.JPG
    IMG_1600.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 1,103
there are a lot

tint, paint protection film (xpel) and coatings, lighted front T, light rear Tesla, aftermarket wheels (highlighting the Tsportline 19" turbines to keep that factory OEM look), aftermarket tires, painted calipers, NVX boost subwoofer, reus audio upgrade, 17" screen protection film, roof rack and accessories, tow hitch, blackout wraps (getting rid of chrome), dash cams, phone mounts, better mats and winter mats , colored T logo stickers and lettering ... custom lowering ... trying to think of more. but yeah theres been quite a few mods. theres also several aftermarket body kits vendors and aftermarket upholstry etc etc you really have to search the forums for all these.

Dashcam
Subwoofer
Center Console
Schosche Magnetic Phone Mount
Unpowered USB Hub
Floor Mats
Winter Tires

- - - Updated - - -

Yes... And get them from abstract ocean... Cheapies just burn out or don't fit right... Also their silicone fob covers are awesome. I also got a great screen protector from them.

Could you replace them with IR LED's so that your plate would be washed out for license plate scanners and red-light cameras?

1. Xpel paint protection
2. Window tint
3 Tsportline 19" turbines https://tsportline.com/product/tst/
4. http://www.abstractocean.com/silicone-fobpockets-the-colors/
5. All weather floor & cargo liners especially if you have kids.

LED License Plate Lights
Center Console
Carbon Fiber Spoiler
Painted Brake Calipers
(Depending on color of your car, especially white) Black out chrome trim beneath the doors.
T-Sportline 19 Turbines
Dashcam
Window Tint
Custom License Plate

Looks much better! I also have the stock 19" wheels ... what is the color you selected and approximate cost?

Thanks! Cleaning my wheels off after the last big road trip reminded me of why I don't really like silver wheels, haha.

I wanted to change up the color but be able to revert back to factory stock, so I used PlastiDip. Seriously. Four coats of the regular black plus two coats of the graphite metalizer and that's what you end up with! Some people might scoff at the idea of using products like that on a fancy car, but I like that 1) It's reversible and 2) It only cost $40 in materials. Can't complain for the price!

Thanks! Cleaning my wheels off after the last big road trip reminded me of why I don't really like silver wheels, haha.

I wanted to change up the color but be able to revert back to factory stock, so I used PlastiDip. Seriously.
Four coats of the regular black plus two coats of the graphite metalizer and that's what you end up with!
Some people might scoff at the idea of using products like that on a fancy car, but I like that 1) It's reversible and 2) It only cost $40 in materials.
Can't complain for the price!

Excellent work! I bought a can of the Plasti Dip metalizer last week and have been waiting to use it.
Can the metalizer be used without a base coat over the OEM wheels? (the cap color is grey metallic)

Excellent work! I bought a can of the Plasti Dip metalizer last week and have been waiting to use it.
Can the metalizer be used without a base coat over the OEM wheels? (the cap color is grey metallic)

I've seen pictures and videos of the metalizer used on its own, but it doesn't seem to change the color of silver wheels much. Most of the Plasti Dip work I see requires the regular black color used as a base coat, then a couple coats of glossifier or metalizer as a top coat. I still have a can and a half of the graphite metalizer that I can test on its own later this weekend.

If you don't want the hassle of spraying 6-7 coats of paint (it does take a while, gotta wait 15 minutes between coats) then check out the Anthracite Grey Metallic Plasti Dip. Looks like you can just spray that on without using the black Plasti Dip first!

Jool, looks great!
I've been thinking of doing the same. I have a similar car (darker blue though ,the "blue metallic"), just afraid if it will look too dark for mine, but it should be fine. If I don't like it, I can always peel it off.
Was this the first time using PlastiDip? Any tips?

Jool, looks great!
I've been thinking of doing the same. I have a similar car (darker blue though ,the "blue metallic"), just afraid if it will look too dark for mine, but it should be fine. If I don't like it, I can always peel it off.
Was this the first time using PlastiDip? Any tips?

Thank you! Yes, this was my first time using Plasti Dip. I've found that it's fairly forgiving compared to regular spray paint. The key is to spray at least 4 coats to ensure that the dip can be peeled off easily later, otherwise you'll have a mess on your hands. Make sure you mask off the brake rotors and calipers really well first. Also, apply some tire shine on your tires so that any overspray peels or rubs off with little effort. Finally, make sure that your wheels are clean and dry - prep work is always important!

Don't forget the Reus audio upgrade. Dashcams provide a source of amusement almost daily in LA traffic. Good tint and paint protection make sense, unless perhaps you're in a northern or inland area where there's less heat energy and less inherent fastidiousness with regard to car care *ducks*