Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

best aftermarket products for model s interior?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What do you recommend for aftermarket rear armrest/cupholder consoles for a Model S that lacks the executive rear seats? How about those floor-based cupholders with lighting and dual USB's? Other storage and convenience product recommendations? I'm new to both my Tesla and Tesla Motors Club. Is it okay to mention brand names on these forums?

I have the Front and Rear LED EVamped units, absolutely love them. There are quite a few reviews on them. Check them out. You won't be disappointed. Highly recommend the LED, especially in the rear seat area, as it is really dark and the kiddos can find the USB's and the Cup Holders at night. They also make a unit that goes on the seat if you like that style.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captainvideo
What do you recommend for aftermarket rear armrest/cupholder consoles for a Model S that lacks the executive rear seats? How about those floor-based cupholders with lighting and dual USB's? Other storage and convenience product recommendations? I'm new to both my Tesla and Tesla Motors Club. Is it okay to mention brand names on these forums?

Welcome to TMC. It's fine to talk about brand names, although advertising one's own products requires becoming a vendor member (we also frown on efforts to circumvent this rule).

In part the answer to your question depends on what you want...e.g. do you just want cupholders, do you need an armrest, do you need storage, etc. I have the no-longer-made Tesla Premium Rear-Seat Console in the back seat of my S85D...it has the leather and trim to match the interior of my car but it was (IMHO) somewhat overpriced and has a hinged lid with a too-easy-to-break hinge. I don't recommend going this route (even if you can find the console), but since I paid for it I'm going to stick with it for now. If you browse around this sub-forum (or use the search feature, with the magnifying glass near the upper-right corner of the page) I'm sure you'll find people talking about the various rear-seat alternatives.

Bruce.

Welcome to TMC. It's fine to talk about brand names, although advertising one's own products requires becoming a vendor member (we also frown on efforts to circumvent this rule).

In part the answer to your question depends on what you want...e.g. do you just want cupholders, do you need an armrest, do you need storage, etc. I have the no-longer-made Tesla Premium Rear-Seat Console in the back seat of my S85D...it has the leather and trim to match the interior of my car but it was (IMHO) somewhat overpriced and has a hinged lid with a too-easy-to-break hinge. I don't recommend going this route (even if you can find the console), but since I paid for it I'm going to stick with it for now. If you browse around this sub-forum (or use the search feature, with the magnifying glass near the upper-right corner of the page) I'm sure you'll find people talking about the various rear-seat alternatives.

Bruce.
Thank you! I rarely have people in the back, but when I do I would want them to have an armrest. Any thoughts on the Evannex Rear Center Console Insert?

I have the Front and Rear LED EVamped units, absolutely love them. There are quite a few reviews on them. Check them out. You won't be disappointed. Highly recommend the LED, especially in the rear seat area, as it is really dark and the kiddos can find the USB's and the Cup Holders at night. They also make a unit that goes on the seat if you like that style.
Awesome, thanks!

Thank you! I rarely have people in the back, but when I do I would want them to have an armrest. Any thoughts on the Evannex Rear Center Console Insert?

I've never seen the Evannex RCCI up close, but I know people here on TMC have used it, so if you search here a little bit you can probably find some opinions.

I bought the rear-seat console primarily for my son, who complained that when he sits in the back he doesn't have an arm-rest, storage, etc (my last car was a Prius where he at least had a center armrest). He's liked it, although for various reasons we haven't had it in the car for a few weeks and he hasn't really asked for it to be reinstalled, so...???... We've got a road trip coming up and I'm probably going to put it back (or at least bring it along with us).

Bruce.

I've never seen the Evannex RCCI up close, but I know people here on TMC have used it, so if you search here a little bit you can probably find some opinions.

I bought the rear-seat console primarily for my son, who complained that when he sits in the back he doesn't have an arm-rest, storage, etc (my last car was a Prius where he at least had a center armrest). He's liked it, although for various reasons we haven't had it in the car for a few weeks and he hasn't really asked for it to be reinstalled, so...???... We've got a road trip coming up and I'm probably going to put it back (or at least bring it along with us).

Bruce.
Sounds like a good plan! When the rear center console is installed you can't seat 5, or completely fold the rear seats, but I've only had 5 people in the car once, and only folded the rear seats once.

The floor-mount cupholders with lights definitely look cool! They seem kind of pricey, though at $400+. Don't they use the 12volt cigarette lighter adaptor for power?

Abstract Ocean
Magnetic Phone holder (Slimline)
STEELIE2
$22.99 USD

Perfectly positions my iPhone 7 Plus so that I can see it on the front of my dashboard just to the right of my steering wheel AND super easy to mount / dismount. I also have the same mount in our 2011 Winnebago View RV (Mercedes Sprinter 3500HD chassis) dash. Love it... and priced fairly too. :D

Abstract Ocean
STEELIE2
$22.99 USD

Perfectly positions my iPhone 7 Plus so that I can see it on the front of my dashboard just to the right of my steering wheel AND super easy to mount / dismount. I also have the same mount in our 2011 Winnebago View RV (Mercedes Sprinter 3500HD chassis) dash. Love it... and priced fairly too. :D
Thanks for that! How does one go about getting the + for the P85D Ludicrous?

I have the Front and Rear LED units, absolutely love them.
You will find that EVamped is on the cheaper end of the “tesla accessories” spectrum. Welcome to the world of uncommon cars and their pricing.
I agree, Evamped pricing is "reasonable" compared to others. A lot of bang for the buck and well worth the upgrade of LED. Easy to pop out also. The Rear Seat Console, by a couple of manufactures, are crazy hard to install.

Reactions: Dog lover 1
Abstract Ocean
STEELIE2
$22.99 USD

Amazon has the exact same unit (at least it appears that way) from Wuteku for $1 cheaper with Prime shipping. I went this route and love mine too!

https://www.amazon.com/Magnetic-Wuteku-UltraSlim-Dashboard-Universal/dp/B00T0I54Q8

I have the Front and Rear LED units, absolutely love them.

I agree, Evamped pricing is "reasonable" compared to others. A lot of bang for the buck and well worth the upgrade of LED. Easy to pop out also. The Rear Seat Console, by a couple of manufactures, are crazy hard to install.
We love the EVamped Rear Console with LED cups. The high speed USB ports are great for the kiddos, especially on trips.

Found this Flexible Aluminum Magnesium Cell Phone holder that fits right into the center console slot beneath the Touch Screen on my 2017 Model S 100D. I was able to adjust the phone to angle slightly facing me and this is exactly what I had in mind and did not have the time to custom make one in my wood shop. See attached images

You can get it here at Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XP29B2S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMG_1_0422.JPG IMG_2_0421.JPG IMG_3_3366.JPG IMG_4_3371.JPG