Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Aggressive Wheel Offsets?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wanted to start this thread because I haven't seen it discussed a ton. I am a long time BMW owner, so this is a very popular topic amongst that community. Many of the aftermarket wheels and tires I have seen run on there Model Y's are not that aggressive. I feel this is more because of the EV efficiency thing, but I also have seen where guys do care about the looks of the can. Obviously a wider track or stance will contribute to better handling dynamics. Especially as many of us start to transition over to the newer coilover setups that are being produced. Feedback is that these setups offer not only better performance in the handing department, but also significantly better riding comfort and dampening.

I would like everyone to use this thread to post their specs and widths for what they feel are the best wheel sizes and offsets. I am looking to see aggressive setups which would be flush or even slightly poke to the fender lips. Please let us know your wheel diameters, widths, offsets, tire specs, and spacer sizes if you are running them. It also helps to know your ride height if you are lowered of modified, as well as some pictures of your overall look. I feel these type of threads are extremely informative for us for making decisions for summer as well as winter setup decisions. I have many times heard from vendors or other forum members that certain setups would never work, only to prove they worked perfectly with any rubbing or issues. Frankly, I can't stand to look at vehicles with poorly fitting wheels sunk into the wheel wells. I feel many people do this especially on winter setups just because they are not informed of how wheel widths effect offsets. I encourage everyone to post away, and look forward to your photos and info.

Stock setup for the MYP is:
F: 21x9.5 +40
R: 21x10.5 +48

I swapped to:
F: 21x9.5 +30
R: 21x10.5 +38

Not super aggressive and I feel there is room for maybe 5mm more poke on the front and a tad bit more than that on the back. Im pretty flush but there is definitely room for improvement here. Stance can totally transform the look of a vehicle. Coil overs are next for me

Attachments

• 6F5803C8-4783-48B7-B8A7-4F57BCEE5CB1.jpeg
    6F5803C8-4783-48B7-B8A7-4F57BCEE5CB1.jpeg
    581 KB · Views: 2,589
  • 42770728-4BD0-443C-9306-2491ADDF9A17.jpeg
    42770728-4BD0-443C-9306-2491ADDF9A17.jpeg
    600.9 KB · Views: 1,543
  • 3E5D07FA-8E4B-41FF-B545-15D54879083D.jpeg
    3E5D07FA-8E4B-41FF-B545-15D54879083D.jpeg
    493.1 KB · Views: 1,499
  • AFEBBD73-030B-49ED-9972-63005D31963F.jpeg
    AFEBBD73-030B-49ED-9972-63005D31963F.jpeg
    438.2 KB · Views: 1,544
Agree. I’m running stock tire size until they run down a bit more since I still have less than 2K miles. I want an uhp all season to run all year but they don’t make them in the size I want so I will likely swap to F: 265/35/21 R: 275/35/21, if someone makes a 285/35 in all season that would be my preferred choice for the rear.

There is a guy on another thread that is running 265/40, 275/40 but I like the smaller sidewall look

I’m sure everyone is sick of seeing my car but here they are again. The fronts have a slight poke and the rears are flush.

Volk Racing TE37 Ultra M Spec
20x10 +30 offset
275-40-20

Looks great! I'm going to replicate a similar fitment on my wife's Y. Thanks for sharing your specs and pictures!

I had many sets of custom wheels on another platform, and the question I received more than any other were in regards to my wheel/tire setups. To have a reference point is a huge help! 👍

I think I have settled on a setup for my new MYP. Looking at a square 20x10.5 ET28 set with 275/40/20’s. It will have 6mm more poke than Dr. Will’s setup, but the tire will be slightly more stretched also. This should essentially give me the same amount of clearance, but give the car a wider look and stance. I also am a huge fan of concave wheels. I am really liking the Ferrada FR3’s right now. I emailed them today to check on wheel weights, but haven’t heard back yet. Hoping they are lighter than the stock wheels by a bit. Want to increase performance and not strap boat anchors to this thing. Lol!!

I am a huge Michelin fanboy, so thinking I will grab the Michelin AS4’s. Dr. Will, how are you liking these with your setup? I am currently running the Michelin AS’s on my M6, and I have the PSS’s on my X5. I am assuming the 20” AS’s ride a lot better than the stock 21’s

Attachments

• D113CCB3-A162-4FBF-9EF5-C7F836640B50.png
    D113CCB3-A162-4FBF-9EF5-C7F836640B50.png
    521.2 KB · Views: 1,507
I think I have settled on a setup for my new MYP. Looking at a square 20x10.5 ET28 set with 275/40/20’s. It will have 6mm more poke than Dr. Will’s setup, but the tire will be slightly more stretched also. This should essentially give me the same amount of clearance, but give the car a wider look and stance. I also am a huge fan of concave wheels. I am really liking the Ferrada FR3’s right now. I emailed them today to check on wheel weights, but haven’t heard back yet. Hoping they are lighter than the stock wheels by a bit. Want to increase performance and not strap boat anchors to this thing. Lol!!

I am a huge Michelin fanboy, so thinking I will grab the Michelin AS4’s. Dr. Will, how are you liking these with your setup? I am currently running the Michelin AS’s on my M6, and I have the PSS’s on my X5. I am assuming the 20” AS’s ride a lot better than the stock 21’s
Pretty aggressive setup!! Can’t wait to see it!
Loving my AS! I have the PSS on my Lambo and can barely tell a diff 😉

Are you going to lower the Y? You need to play with the camber if you go with a +28 at 10.5 I believe 👍🏼

Last edited:
I am definitely going to go with the Mountain Pass Performance Coilovers. I have heard great things about them. Plus I tend to do suspension and wheels to everything I own.
Dr. I do really like the setup you are rocking. I am not 100 percent sure I am going ET28 yet. I can also go ET35 with the same wheels. By looking at your car, I see room for 6mm. You tell me though. Maybe pictures don’t represent things perfectly. If I go ET35, I believe I am 4mm inset of your setup.

I am definitely going to go with the Mountain Pass Performance Coilovers. I have heard great things about them. Plus I tend to do suspension and wheels to everything I own.
Dr. I do really like the setup you are rocking. I am not 100 percent sure I am going ET28 yet. I can also go ET35 with the same wheels. By looking at your car, I see room for 6mm. You tell me though. Maybe pictures don’t represent things perfectly. If I go ET35, I believe I am 4mm inset of your setup.
I can honestly barely fit a finger in between the wheels and the fenders in the front and I have a -1.5+ camber. +25 on a 10.5 wheel in the front may be pushing it but with enough camber it’s possible. 🙏

Compared to dr.will, on 10.5 square with +28 you'll be 8.3mm more poke/outbound. +35 will be 1.3mm more poke.

You are 100 percent correct. I must have ran so many combos through the old calculator that I forgot my own numbers. 🤦‍♂️
Eglee, do you have any more angles of your setup??? Now I am scratching my head because this should be more aggressive than Dr’s setup. What is your front specs currently?? Exactly why I started this thread. Like I mentioned in my first post, I have found out that a lot more was possible in past by trying. Most people simply just trust these aftermarket wheel manufacturers, and don’t push the limits to see what else can fit.

You are 100 percent correct. I must have ran so many combos through the old calculator that I forgot my own numbers. 🤦‍♂️
Eglee, do you have any more angles of your setup??? Now I am scratching my head because this should be more aggressive than Dr’s setup. What is your front specs currently?? Exactly why I started this thread. Like I mentioned in my first post, I have found out that a lot more was possible in past by trying. Most people simply just trust these aftermarket wheel manufacturers, and don’t push the limits to see what else can fit.

You won't know until you try ;)

Let us know how it all goes!