Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best All Weather floor mats for MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What kind of material is the tuxmat? Is it basically the maxpider type of material but just in a huge coverage size or is it more of a softer material? I wonder why they added all of those ridges to the design of the tuxmat. What I like about the maxpider is the clean look where its mostly all smooth/minimalist, which matches the interior of the MY.

I wouldn't mind trying amazon knockoffs like those V-Tech ones. The grip of the maxpiders are almost too much grip where you have to pull the mat off the floor to reposition if you don't get it right the first time. Though...I am still waiting on the LDCRS option, which might be available by next week.

I've beem real happy with my Teslashields floor mats. Fit is excellent and these mats have great weather protection while still being very attractive (other passenger's opinions). I just bought the MY trunk mat, and even more pleased with the design.
We are glad you are enjoying your Teslashield floor mats. Thank you for your support we love hearing positive feedback.

What kind of material is the tuxmat? Is it basically the maxpider type of material but just in a huge coverage size or is it more of a softer material? I wonder why they added all of those ridges to the design of the tuxmat. What I like about the maxpider is the clean look where its mostly all smooth/minimalist, which matches the interior of the MY.

I wouldn't mind trying amazon knockoffs like those V-Tech ones. The grip of the maxpiders are almost too much grip where you have to pull the mat off the floor to reposition if you don't get it right the first time. Though...I am still waiting on the LDCRS option, which might be available by next week.
I found this in their website. Yes I must say they do require a lot of shifting and adjusting in order to get it positioned right. And they requires the use of Velcro clips (provided) to secure the mats onto the carpet. I spent a good 30 minutes installing them.

The multilayered composition of TuxMat includes a PVC top layer, an EVA middle layer, and an anti-slip bottom layer.

The plasticized PVC (Polyvinyl chloride) top layer is a highly complementary choice for TuxMat’s main functions. It is a thermoplastic polymer, so at a higher temperature the PVC layer will easily mold to your vehicle floor, and when cooled it will retain the shape. It is characteristically water resistant, and extremely durable. Its versatility also allows us to add our unique design features (horizontal ribbing along the mat, and matching a car's leather interior).

The EVA (Ethylene-vinyl acetate) middle layer is another type of vinyl that is soft and pliable. EVA is often thought of as a “foam-rubber” in appearance and texture, and it is a substantial 6 mm thick in our mats for extra cushion. It remains flexible at cooler temperatures, and is what gives TuxMat its comfortable and ergonomic properties.

The bottom layer is a liner of a felt-like fiber. This layer stands between the mat, and the floor of your vehicle. Its purpose is to provide grip and friction, acting as yet another precaution against the mat slipping.

+1 on the Tuxmats. Just installed mine this weekend. Fit and look great. Did have to use a few of the velcro clips, but the coverage is amazing.
Tuxmats are our choice for sure. They fit our new MY great and come with a lot of extra clips and Velcro clips to get them just right. Ours need a vacuum and wipe down. The camera flash makes really shows the dirt. Also had them in our Telluride. Very luxurious and still provide 100% slush and mud coverage. They are a lot more comfortable than Weathertechs or similar hard plastic mats. Perfect if you like to skip your shoes off on long trips. $199 shipped and they look great.

If you have kids or dogs the back one piece mat covers the entire carpet and tucks under the rear seat cushions. Great design.

Tuxmats USA

Tuxmats Amazon

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

Last edited:
@hammick - Excelent write up. I might consider these for the snowy Northeast winter, as the Maxpider type copies I got really don't fit that well and the gaps allow stuff to get on to the carpet, which isn't a big deal in the summer months, but not filling me with confidence for snow / slush!

I like the looks of the high coverage behind the pedals, and up the dead pedal (foot rest) too have you noticed any interference?

I took the leap and ordered the Tuxmats. They arrived yesterday, which was really quick!

My complaints with the mats I already had was the gaps around the edges and the limited coverage on the dead pedal (Original review - Vendor - Floor Mats), which are totally taken care of with the Tuxmats.

Pictures below show some side by side comparison of the coverage, and of the mats just quickly installed, which will probably need a little adjusting once they warm up and revert to shape, but I'm really not worried about snow and mud season any longer. I did use the Velcro clips to hold in place, but not sure that was really necessary.

The look of the Tuxmats is really a personal preference, and they do seem big, but I'm impressed by the coverage/protection and I'm sure I'll forget what the interior used to look like pretty quickly.

Yes there is a logo, but it's not too bad.

IMG_1351.jpg

IMG_1353.jpg
IMG_1348.jpg
IMG_1350.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1349.jpg
    IMG_1349.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1346.jpg
    IMG_1346.jpg
    1,000.1 KB · Views: 94
Reactions: LVMY2022
I took the leap and ordered the Tuxmats. They arrived yesterday, which was really quick!

My complaints with the mats I already had was the gaps around the edges and the limited coverage on the dead pedal (Original review - Vendor - Floor Mats), which are totally taken care of with the Tuxmats.

Pictures below show some side by side comparison of the coverage, and of the mats just quickly installed, which will probably need a little adjusting once they warm up and revert to shape, but I'm really not worried about snow and mud season any longer. I did use the Velcro clips to hold in place, but not sure that was really necessary.

The look of the Tuxmats is really a personal preference, and they do seem big, but I'm impressed by the coverage/protection and I'm sure I'll forget what the interior used to look like pretty quickly.

Yes there is a logo, but it's not too bad.

View attachment 727178
View attachment 727176View attachment 727181View attachment 727183
Thank you for the detailed pictures, it looks like I will order Tuxmats once my EDD get closer... :cool:

Reactions: Wabsa
I hate a set of the all weather Tesla mats? I ordered two sets of them. The driver passenger and second row. I haven’t emailed or checked website to see if I could return them.
Do you still have these?
I hate a set of the all weather Tesla mats? I ordered two sets of them. The driver passenger and second row. I haven’t emailed or checked website to see if I could return them.

I have both 3D maxpider and Tesmanian for my 7 seater Y. The Tesmanians have much more coverage in vital areas eg, for the the second row, better coverage just over where the door frame meets the body frame due to taller sidewalls and reaches much further under the front seats. The first row mats also have taller side walls and better reach under the pedals. I did not purchase the 3rd row mats as they seemed insufficient in coverage.

I have both 3D maxpider and Tesmanian for my 7 seater Y. The Tesmanians have much more coverage in vital areas eg, for the the second row, better coverage just over where the door frame meets the body frame due to taller sidewalls and reaches much further under the front seats. The first row mats also have taller side walls and better reach under the pedals. I did not purchase the 3rd row mats as they seemed insufficient in coverage.
Are you using any mats in the 3rd row?

I have a 7 seat Y coming next week some time and looking at floor mats. 2 kids and a wife but Chicago snowy weather to contend with.

Reactions: Anser
Are you using any mats in the 3rd row?

I have a 7 seat Y coming next week some time and looking at floor mats. 2 kids and a wife but Chicago snowy weather to contend with.
I am in Chicago area as well. Tesmanian has a third row liner on their website, the coverage seems very inadequate from the pictures. So far I haven't had any luck, still searching for a third row solution. It is not easy to vacuum back there either.