Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BEST AP feature update ever!!

MrThreeeee

Mar 25, 2019
Middle of Nowhere, CA
While in auto pilot when the system wants acknowledgement of driver presence, I can now apply steering pressure against the lane hold rather than having to squeeze the wheel, which didn’t even register about 30% of the time. Does anyone else appreciate this update as much as me?!

Triplett

Banned
Apr 3, 2019
California
While in auto pilot when the system wants acknowledgement of driver presence, I can now apply steering pressure against the lane hold rather than having to squeeze the wheel, which didn’t even register about 30% of the time. Does anyone else appreciate this update as much as me?!
The wheel doesn't have squeeze sensors.....

mtndrew1

May 12, 2015
Gardena, CA
Not gonna lie...I was totally guilty of this squeeze too until I read on a facebook post that you give it a gentle tug in any direction or press one of the steering wheel buttons.

My boss used to do this too. I was riding with her somewhere and she got exasperated trying to squeeze the hell out of the wheel. I used one finger to apply a little pressure to the wheel spoke at the 5 o’clock position and she couldn’t believe it.

Thp3

Aug 21, 2017
Michigan
My boss used to do this too. I was riding with her somewhere and she got exasperated trying to squeeze the hell out of the wheel. I used one finger to apply a little pressure to the wheel spoke at the 5 o’clock position and she couldn’t believe it.

Ask for a raise. Your boss obviously needs you...

And yeah, I squeezed the wheel in the past a few times, I learned...

Reactions: P-Lo801

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC