Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best App?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys -- would love to hear from you all on the current options and pros/cons for the paid apps (e.g. Stats, TelsaFi, Tezlab, etc.) to best track and manage our cars. I am thinking about getting Stats since I think it works well with iOS and apple watch and seems to do a lot. But, before pulling the trigger wanted to see what folks with a lot of experience have to say about this.

Yes, there are other threads or websites that discuss this but I wanted to get the latest and greatest from you all :D

And one other simple question -- will one subscription work across multiple Teslas (registered to the same email)?

Guys -- would love to hear from you all on the current options and pros/cons for the paid apps (e.g. Stats, TelsaFi, Tezlab, etc.) to best track and manage our cars. I am thinking about getting Stats since I think it works well with iOS and apple watch and seems to do a lot. But, before pulling the trigger wanted to see what folks with a lot of experience have to say about this.

Yes, there are other threads or websites that discuss this but I wanted to get the latest and greatest from you all :D

And one other simple question -- will one subscription work across multiple Teslas (registered to the same email)?
Just my opinion here, but I much prefer stats to other apps. You'd have to contact the app maker to see if you can migrate the application to multiple cars as I don't really know, but I suspect that it cannot.

Reactions: TypeRx
Will Stats allow you to control two M3's on different accounts?
My wife and I made the mistake of putting our two cars under different email accounts. We thought that we could pull up each others car on our Tesla app, but haven't figured out a way yet to get it configured.

The other variable is if you all share your iTunes (or google play/whatever) account. If not I'd guess you need to pay for 2 separate copies of the app.

Reactions: Ferdinand P.
Will Stats allow you to control two M3's on different accounts?
My wife and I made the mistake of putting our two cars under different email accounts. We thought that we could pull up each others car on our Tesla app, but haven't figured out a way yet to get it configured.

Sign in to tesla.com. Pick your car and click "Manage". Click on "Account" at the top right.
Choose "Personal Information -> Contact".
Click "Edit" under Secondary Contact.
Add your wife's info and then check the box at the bottom to give her access to your car. Save.

Now, log out, login to her account, and reverse the process.

That should do it!

• Helpful
Reactions: EVNation and TypeRx
Thanks dmurphy!

Nobody at Tesla could relay that information. I went through all the processes you described and it was that elusive little "grant access button" that needed clicking.

It's not working quite yet, but I'll try deleting the app and re-installing the app on both our phones. It also may take a day or so for everything to get into the system? We'll see. Thanks!

Have fun with the Y! If I knew they they were going to come out so soon and be as terrific as they are, I would have gotten one instead.

Thanks dmurphy!

Nobody at Tesla could relay that information. I went through all the processes you described and it was that elusive little "grant access button" that needed clicking.

It's not working quite yet, but I'll try deleting the app and re-installing the app on both our phones. It also may take a day or so for everything to get into the system? We'll see. Thanks!

Have fun with the Y! If I knew they they were going to come out so soon and be as terrific as they are, I would have gotten one instead.

It's a fairly new feature - only been on the website a few months I believe - so I'm not surprised nobody at Tesla knew about it. I don't think that's really part of their training, at all ...

It does take a little while for the access to "sync up" so to speak, but should work. Now, in the worst case, there *is* a "Transfer Ownership" button as well (under Manage -> Account -> Ownership Transfer) if you had to go that route, but the bi-directional access above should do the trick ...

At least it lets my wife login to my car, so there's that.

We're probably quite a ways from the Y still... really waiting on the 7-seater to come on the market. At that point, we'll make a decision: Y, X, or just keep the Buick ...

It's a fairly new feature - only been on the website a few months I believe - so I'm not surprised nobody at Tesla knew about it. I don't think that's really part of their training, at all ...

It does take a little while for the access to "sync up" so to speak, but should work. Now, in the worst case, there *is* a "Transfer Ownership" button as well (under Manage -> Account -> Ownership Transfer) if you had to go that route, but the bi-directional access above should do the trick ...

At least it lets my wife login to my car, so there's that.

We're probably quite a ways from the Y still... really waiting on the 7-seater to come on the market. At that point, we'll make a decision: Y, X, or just keep the Buick ...

All good choices. But if you stick with the Buick's dead dinosaur smell, get an Elon air freshener. I hear it smells Musky! :rolleyes:

All right, NO more Elon references!