Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best areas for photographs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

LN1_Casey

Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus
Mar 6, 2019
Oahu, Hawaii
So, I was driving around Oahu today on Kamehameha highway, stopping various areas to take a picture of my newly wrapped baby. I think I got some good shots, which I'll post in a follow on post, but that brought up the thought process; does anyone have any other good areas to snag some car pics?

I was thinking of possibly getting the Windmills in the background, or maybe a solar farm. Has anyone gotten some good photos?

9DA2ACEE-B309-4608-BDE6-B2102A574D12_1_201_a.jpeg
BF6B0CD2-D43E-4B53-B81C-9A5FDE8DECC0_1_201_a.jpeg
beachbackground.jpg
chillin in the shade.jpg
kaenapoint.jpg
smallgreen.jpg

Maunalua Bay. Not quite as impressive as the last two posts though.

RjUr1L2SRC_dshx5fu3UcWqWs74wBHnkNadkeawUxvcBRxvZM6badQ3ziNmlUgjkIZy_hHx2AsBOY8UbpXe9ybVeT0q0vJ90dx1_1YTyrHuDVJQuT0db0UltWhh9VCcWxN9dBPQBTlY0QQ44Ulf8XWNK0fhVtjvuqkuUmbgFHKSyq7PstCfmXSS3JU1hii1WcJatc_6wEz2o5PgNmRPf8Fx717_54wWm0K8fsPcixMJ2J5zIUuIWIAdJNpyCjIYxtnmgVcX-uGfyAhiYHSfX-hU-g07Sfs7opL1iFeNvBdUrlbOeRrzy0zCJohILY9JCxxMTuyhqGssc3kbs6ajUD-IniKfpPnuKiJnej5sM4sdYch1h4HW5mz1DbxYg8CeSU30au_8d8Da9jtVAw6fLnwQFwHSeOEIU3RWK1uRYSFRn1NqCbbVPVRcRQ2xMcP13coG9krpWA8b3wsWRX-APRlZxit3ZndlBOgE8Jkq8eayUVfCkk0KSbIA8ofSUBRASrASYSrCHO2V1wFKmfrAJpus7_ZqUfmolpKpyZ5Qhbovc5F7B2boqAZnJ8lTjbs1X7Z_i77W5jMIcSnQGzYcerT4UiFe5jlurhMs7PqzSjNMs2xZ1F6wB7lIkeAsz9JuClbNLDnX7p_RpcK9_R-xN8Px8-6v6eaekKFtaGMtnK_-z345GZMGsvzaIiScrAQ=w1186-h889-no

I think it's more about angling. The last picture with the tree, for instance, was an active parking lot and there was a parking indicator sign on the big tree, haha. I angled it to not show the other cars in the lot, and cropped the sign out.

That is a good shot though. I will add it to my own list.

So, I was driving around Oahu today on Kamehameha highway, stopping various areas to take a picture of my newly wrapped baby. I think I got some good shots, which I'll post in a follow on post, but that brought up the thought process; does anyone have any other good areas to snag some car pics?

I was thinking of possibly getting the Windmills in the background, or maybe a solar farm. Has anyone gotten some good photos?
Love the color. What kind of wrap is that?

Wow. Beautiful car!! Here's mine. I took these photos with my phone in Saguaro National Park at sunset in April. I finishing waxing the car an hour earlier (Adam's CS3 wax).

IMG_20200426_183404.jpg
IMG_20200426_185944.jpg

Wow. Beautiful car!! Here's mine. I took these photos with my phone in Saguaro National Park at sunset in April. I finishing waxing the car an hour earlier (Adam's CS3 wax).

Very nice. :p Though I hazard a guess Saguaro park isn't in Hawaii? it's the cactus that gives it away, lol.

Hahaha, I'm joking, because I was looking for more picturesque places to take my car on island to take more photos. Bit hard to drive out to the mainland from here. :D

If I still lived out there I'd offer to meet up to help with some pictures. Great choice on the wrap.

A few ideas come to mind, but will also depend on the equipment you have. (The longer the lens, the better)

- The twisty section between Hanauma and Sandy's. Really good for rolling shots if you have someone else to take the shot or drive. Plenty of spots where someone can sit and get good angles.
- Any straight roads on the windward side that lead into the ridge. Those jagged ridges are great contrast.
- If you're quick on the trigger and want an 'urban' style shot, try Waikiki at night on Kalakaua or Kuhio. Just go late at night for fewer people around.
- The roads up to Tantalus are really cool with the trees overhanging and covering the whole road.

I'm sure there are hundreds of good locations on Oahu. Sometimes the best places I find to take shots are when I was just driving around and exploring.

Nice wrap! May I ask who wrapped it and how much it set you back?

Al's tinting, and the wrap itself was $2.5k, and then the chrome delete, and tint brought it up to $3.9k (tax included). He was very professional, took about 4 days, and I've not yet noticed any flaws. Do wish he did a single sheet wrap for the mirrors, but the line up is professional and only visible from inside.

If I still lived out there I'd offer to meet up to help with some pictures. Great choice on the wrap.

A few ideas come to mind, but will also depend on the equipment you have. (The longer the lens, the better)

- The twisty section between Hanauma and Sandy's. Really good for rolling shots if you have someone else to take the shot or drive. Plenty of spots where someone can sit and get good angles.
- Any straight roads on the windward side that lead into the ridge. Those jagged ridges are great contrast.
- If you're quick on the trigger and want an 'urban' style shot, try Waikiki at night on Kalakaua or Kuhio. Just go late at night for fewer people around.
- The roads up to Tantalus are really cool with the trees overhanging and covering the whole road.

I'll have to check those areas out too! I'll mark them and then see if I can get my boyfriend to be my photograph assistant for the moving shots.

• Helpful
Reactions: fstop11 and geoalan
Magic Island parking lot, Waikiki/makai corner. Pretty good Diamond Head shot. Aiea Loop trail drive and parking lots for a "green forestry" feel. Koolina lagoon 5 at sunset if you can get in. Makapu'u overlook for the windward side. Kualoa beach park for Chinaman's Hat and Mokapu peninsula.
The list is endless for each and every island!!!