Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Bass Boosted Audio Settings?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for me to try out on my Tesla Model 3's audio system settings. I prefer music where you can feel the bass... but is not distorted. Let me know if you have any suggestions, thanks! (Picture reference will be linked to which settings I am asking for suggestions on)

Attachments

• main-qimg-1cb622090ffe7422a09df9b2691b93b3.png
    main-qimg-1cb622090ffe7422a09df9b2691b93b3.png
    91.1 KB · Views: 5,113
My EQ setting is concave down. with bass set to 4.5 - 5, treble 3.5 - 4. mid will be 1-2
I have premium audio and replaced all front speakers with focal and infinity, so it is different experience and really a personal preference.

After upgrading the front woofers, now I found the trunk subwoofer is relatively weak. Any replacement speaker out there that is great?
I have the exact same problem! I'm currently doing research to find a suitable replacement that takes no or not that much trunk space. I'll post in this thread when I have an answer, but feel free to check my posting history if you want to know where I've been on these forums.

Did you get a noticeable difference in the bass sound when you upgraded your front door woofers?

Last edited:
Very interested in the process and results.

Did you just upgrade the woofers AND tweeters? Or did you add an additional amplifier?

I followed the upgrade guide in audio thread. Infinity for the three mids, Focal for the tweeters and woofers.
Also helped a couple SR+ members upgraded similar combination and the result is obvious. Adding an new amp should be much better, but I am happy with what I have now.

I followed the upgrade guide in audio thread. Infinity for the three mids, Focal for the tweeters and woofers.
Also helped a couple SR+ members upgraded similar combination and the result is obvious. Adding an new amp should be much better, but I am happy with what I have now.
What was the reason for you upgrading the tweets and mids? Were you not happy with them? And how would you describe the aftermarket ones in comparison to the OEM ones?

Yes, immediately. I installed Focal ISU200 and the bass is much heavier and more precise at the same time. Then I move the balance to the rear, I could hear the subwoofer is struggling

I think the subwoofer just tapers off when the balance is moved to the rear for some reason. If I set audio fully to the rear, there's basically no bass anywhere in the car.

I think the subwoofer just tapers off when the balance is moved to the rear for some reason. If I set audio fully to the rear, there's basically no bass anywhere in the car.

Agreed.....absolutely HAAAAAAAATE this. You only have SOME bass but front loaded with a front sound stage by the windshield.....and perceptively almost none from the back. If you shift the sound stage to even ‘mid’ or ‘back’ the bass really falls off to almost non-existent, especially in the rear from the trunk sub. (P3D Premium Sound).

Ski

What was the reason for you upgrading the tweets and mids? Were you not happy with them? And how would you describe the aftermarket ones in comparison to the OEM ones?
it is clearly better human voice with the upgraded mids and tweets. I used to be a bass man, but after having the front speakers upgraded, I listen more to a wider range of music now. From time to time other local members SR+ / LR / P come to check out my car and we compared with the stock speakers again, the upgraded ones are just another level. I won't not saying mine are perfect set up, there are people put Focal Utopias in their M3 and those are insane.

Sorry for the necro post - I just spent hours messing with the EQ settings and reading what others have been doing and I just wanted to share in case it helps anyone!

For my 2021 M3P:
NBznSeW4jKt4IRCmGUU7fqAAbS3Zi-w7k9lOI6TGsRi1Pu6pbMY6r085OHWwiH593jnEfBZ3rRMtg095FFssK39TfKxHEEWdfvtFBdMaKUIvU-XP6o32V0NF97tgPzE9Dll6Bk1Ic5CHHxCwqx_SVdRd6VZEAqvP1snWzuqKVfcwZCsr3YVIzaEg6SScrnnyYpNCKMtCmcgjkE5dV95f6dX9zXNDiS8a1Ak4Gvm2gwrQPWUDsBUOYMHeDS51rRcl2hHJXuwh5OATg1Am7TE3ftPeoJydyw7yOYqZYUva0ys6De3-5r-4dzJhSECWac6hSeunKSWDonPiGxcC4BlJSTJn8THzDR4MiybcK2QdIT5-2o2kqwAk2xt_ZNLxzrBiN2gHng1KhiCs_NhxXklhfo4qqFwExPbRLYa4O8ONjoAxasJOGXT_ctiah-gdzjnXtmI4wCnhmkLfL_pHL_SaDsXgnurzeGX2Cao18aBxNU6H9EEsb4CMtBIkvprqzyuI4tAvRbUoBWGtlkamteAnemywNL_tEJTyb5lGCOq7rShRB8OkgW8mklNAtxJWggwAaWbsyXBRnI0nRalufG3Cs9oSR1cs0M-Q03zIvZ81wJ9HIRbk9ru6oYrl1i5qf1INXhAHVz9ZXUOEEts-t0BIkVWs2BqhXTlg1x4I5Eo4KgmZftCbIAIdS8fHDQo0IvXWtC9UU9BiYueutV6W4P1PwHlZ=w1504-h1302-no

Rationale:

I felt that the sound system was nice but I specifically felt that the bass was really lacking in terms of the "punch" and "thump" i.e big bass feel (I had a subwoofer in my previous car).

I noticed (and also read somewhere) that the bass doesn't really appear strongly until you raise the volume in the car. Thankfully, this was true and I finally felt some of that bass! However, this of course means that the music gets too loud. Thus, I tried to counteract the overall music becoming too loud by reducing most of the frequencies, while boosting the bass. At first I tested this out by putting everything to -8 except for the leftmost slider. Naturally, I needed to raise the volume a lot to hear most of the music (e.g. lyrics), but with the +8 on the bass it finally felt more like big bass! Thump thump thump, rattle rattle.

+8 and -8 was too much though, it gave me a lot of auditory fatigue and the music sounded slightly off. So I messed around and found -4 for the majority of the sliders to sort of be the sweet spot! At this setting I can hear the music fine while still getting that sweet bass boost. I also moved the 2nd leftmost slider to +2 just to blend the +8 with the -4 a bit better. I kept mids and highs flat since I saw many people say that the car's audio/EQ is already well tuned (except for the bass, in my case/imo).

Reactions: Destiny1701
Play, your picture isn't showing up anymore, could you post all your settings again? Just got my M3LR and the sub is awful and I hate the front sound stage, just sounds so weak.

I'm a metal and electronic guy, so I tend to prefer a V shaped sound profile as well. Currently, based on your description, I set mine to 4, 2, -4, -3.5, -2.5 to be what a v-shaped curve is, but to counteract the lack of bass.

Reactions: play150