TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Best Bet Selling My Model S

Discussion in 'Model S' started by nullpointer, Oct 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. nullpointer

nullpointer Member

Hey, recently got a Model S and love it... however, I just found out that my department might be down sized here and I am trying to figure out my best bet for selling my Model S if it comes to it. I hope this won't happen, but I don't want the payment to be something my wife worries about if things aren't looking good (even though we can more than comfortably afford it right now on our salaries). I know I will lose money on it and I by no means expect for someone else to pay for mistake/misfortune.

What are your thoughts? How much do you think I could get for it if needed (kbb and blackbook don't show the refresh 90D yet) and is it worth trying private party, try a carmax or will Tesla offer to buy it back if it isn't part of a trade-in?

Model S 90D (Facelift)
    <2500 miles
    Midnight Silver
    Pano Roof
    NextGen Black Leather
    Black Headliner
    Autopilot
    Premium Upgrades
    Smart Air Suspension
    Premium Audio

I know it sounds stupid to be thinking about this, just wanted to know for my own sake just incase it comes to it. It has been a rough week and I am always trying to determine my best next steps.