TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Best Car Cleaning Products

Discussion in 'Model S' started by PRSIST, Sep 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. PRSIST

PRSIST Member

I know this topic has probably come up a few times, but coming from the Model 3 forum, it would be nice to know what Model S and X owners think. What cleaning products do you use to clean and wax your Tesla and do you recommend them to others?

2. Struja

Struja Member

Meguiars Gold Class wash and I add a capful of Optimum No Rinse to my wash bucket because I think it helps with both drying and shine.

My waxes/sealants I use...

Blackfire Wet Diamond is my favourite, but I also like, Opti-Seal, Jet Seal, Zaino and Fuzion.

I use Sonax Wheel Rim Shield on my wheels. Meguiars Endurance on my tires.

• Informative x 1
  3. TaoJones

TaoJones Beyond Driven

Now here is a wonderful opportunity for the OP to add value by summarizing the dozens of threads already extant (plus this one) into perhaps a Top 10 list that might get blessed with sticky status in the appropriate subforum.

In the spirit of the thread, I'll contribute 10 off the top of my head:

1. ONR Blue (Optimum No Rinse *without* wax)
    2. Prima's Hydro Wash if you can find it
    3. a good commercial 2-gallon foamer/sprayer
    4. plenty of good microfiber towels (e.g., Costco's darker gold instead of the lighter yellow)
    5. collapsible canvas 2.5 gallon buckets (Amazon or military surplus). Don't forget a waterproofer as well.
    6. 303 Aerospace for black plastic surfaces
    7. Bick 4 leather cleaner and conditioner. Definitely the milder Bick 4 and not Bick 1, unless your car resembles a hazmat zone.
    8. A small measuring cup
    9. A stout 16oz spray bottle for a DIY detailer and interim exterior windshield cleaning (7:1 distilled to ONR Blue)
    10. Lemon oil for the wood

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1