TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Best Car Cleaning Products

Discussion in 'Model S' started by PRSIST, Sep 20, 2017.

PRSIST Member

Sep 27, 2016
    I know this topic has probably come up a few times, but coming from the Model 3 forum, it would be nice to know what Model S and X owners think. What cleaning products do you use to clean and wax your Tesla and do you recommend them to others?
  2. Struja

Struja "Fanboy"

Jun 27, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    Meguiars Gold Class wash and I add a capful of Optimum No Rinse to my wash bucket because I think it helps with both drying and shine.

My waxes/sealants I use...

Blackfire Wet Diamond is my favourite, but I also like, Opti-Seal, Jet Seal, Zaino and Fuzion.

I use Sonax Wheel Rim Shield on my wheels. Meguiars Endurance on my tires.
    • Informative x 1
  3. TaoJones

TaoJones Beyond Driven

Nov 10, 2014
    The Americas
    Now here is a wonderful opportunity for the OP to add value by summarizing the dozens of threads already extant (plus this one) into perhaps a Top 10 list that might get blessed with sticky status in the appropriate subforum.

In the spirit of the thread, I'll contribute 10 off the top of my head:

1. ONR Blue (Optimum No Rinse *without* wax)
    2. Prima's Hydro Wash if you can find it
    3. a good commercial 2-gallon foamer/sprayer
    4. plenty of good microfiber towels (e.g., Costco's darker gold instead of the lighter yellow)
    5. collapsible canvas 2.5 gallon buckets (Amazon or military surplus). Don't forget a waterproofer as well.
    6. 303 Aerospace for black plastic surfaces
    7. Bick 4 leather cleaner and conditioner. Definitely the milder Bick 4 and not Bick 1, unless your car resembles a hazmat zone.
    8. A small measuring cup
    9. A stout 16oz spray bottle for a DIY detailer and interim exterior windshield cleaning (7:1 distilled to ONR Blue)
    10. Lemon oil for the wood
    • Informative x 1
    • Like x 1