Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Car Cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We've all been pretty patient during this &^$#! pandemic.
Well, most of us anyway, not counting the DC "tourists".
But it's getting old. I WANT at least CAR PERFECTION,
and it keeps slipping through my fingers. So close, but ...

(I even had to mend the Bougy car cover with silver duct tape where the wind blew
something sharp enough to slit it)

I'm finding my love for Nicki has changed a bit, with those fine scratches, that are visible to the demanding eye (I'm pretty sure), when the light hits them just so. Changed a lot, my love, actually. It's as if your trophy blonde Swedish girlfriend had picked up a little ding from flying on her mountain bike, just a little 6 inch by 4 inch patch of dark subcutaneous gravel road rash, right across the face. Where her nose used to be. That and the wounded chicken sounds she makes when her crutches catch on her cast, seeing as her jaw is wired shut.

Maybe I'll pretend I don't know Nicki, when "they" pulls up, summoned in the Costco parking lot ...

Last edited:
Be sure the cover has a vent for the front area. I bought one to use temporarily out of desperation due to my stray cat friend (thanks a lot for the huge scratches kitty, why am I feeding you?). But realized that when you have the climate control come on in the morning with the cover on, it is probably not a good thing. Also when you see the Tesla brand covers, it has a mesh in front for the grill for cooling the battery when parked. Also, too hard to keep washing this car in the winter every day to put the cover on so... anybody want a cat? I have to find this dude a new home.

With a loose fitting cover like the Bougies, there's probably enough air flow for occasional needs. But none of the covers solve the problem of having to have both the car and cover meticulously clean, and perfectly fastened, to avoid scratches. The trade-off isn't as clear as I thought. The chainsaw comment was spot on.