Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Car in The Doctor's Lot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Emergency medicine doc here in Austin. Had mine since November, have given test drives to half dozen docs already after seeing it in the lot. Hospitalist who drove it two weeks ago went home and reserved one right after the drive. Hopefully I won't be alone here soon and we can start lobbying the hospital for charging stations!

Hopefully I won't be alone here soon and we can start lobbying the hospital for charging stations!
That's a great thing to do for EV adoption. Even if those with big-battery Teslas don't need to charge at hospitals, we LEAF (and other EV) owners sure appreciate being able to extend our meager range. :smile: It would help if we could charge at doctor's offices and hospitals, since we usually have to wait.

I'll be the first model S in our lot as of tomorrow. There's a protected corner parking spot I've got my eye on. Lucky I arrive so early every day.

There is an EV hating orthopedist who drives a Porsche that I'll need to convert.

My cousin is a surgeon and after visiting and then leaving my town on the morning that I happened to receive my Model S (I told her all about it, but unfortunately, she could not stay and see the car), she visited a Tesla store later the same day, and was considering making a deposit, lol

Will be parking in a VA hospital parking lot. Very big facility lots of physicians however so far do not know of any others however there are a few that I think I can convert .

Hoping to also help persuade nationwide the Veterans Administration to start providing electric vehicle charging 1 would think this would be already going forward however so far it is not to my knowledge. Interestingly they just installed a giant carport with significant solar charging system that I will be parking under.

Doc's seem to love their Tesla Model S's! I am an Ophthalmologist scheduled for Feb-Mar delivery of an 85kW Performance S white/grey/pano/21" grey/tech/sound/air (replacing my 2010 Porsche Panamera 4S-(anyone interested? PM me), my cousin is an Anesthesiologist, his 85kW Performance S brown/tan/21"/tech/sound/air was picked up from factory about 3 weeks ago, and another Anesthesiologist here has a grey 85kW Performance S that he got in December. These are just the ones I know about for sure, there are probably alot more coming soon!

Where the dentists at!?! I practice in a very large multi-state group. I doubt we'll see many at our offices, but I'm sure my MS will have some folks talking in the spring. I've been lobbying the higher-ups to initiate a project to install EV chargers at our locations. Not getting much traction yet. I'm not giving up easily, though.

Internal Medicine--the Queen of the specialties--per Sir William Osler!

I have the only Tesla (Roadster) among phyisicians in Santa Barbara. Tons of questions--in and out of the hospital. In the physician's dining room it is always a big topic of conversation.

One of my colleage's father from LA (he is a cardiovascular surgeon, his father is a pathologist) drove up in a Model S a month ago. I expect to see a Model S belonging to one of the hospital staff members soon.

I tried to get the hosptial to put in charging stations--even with a grant that would do it for free--to no avail.

Antediluvian idiots!

For those that own your own practices, have you discussed with your accountant if it is reasonable to consider the electricity costs of charging your MS a business expense? (assuming multiple offices or hospital affiliations) Gas expenses are of course considered a practice expense so by extension charging costs should be as well.

just a pediatrician here, hence will have to wait to buy one used. :wink:

didnt stop me!!!!

Pediatrician @ CHLA.

Definetely the nicest car in the lot. Ocasionally park in a row of 4 EV spots....usually flanked by Chevy Volts (I've seen a Leaf park there as well).

It does give me a smile when I walk back to the lot and there are people circling the car :)

highly annoyed that we are a major children's hospital (quaternary care referral center) and our EV charging stations are just 110V plugs!

Big organizations and corporations definitely need to get on board already! (That includes Hotels...which I think has been brought up on other postings....).

didnt stop me!!!!

Pediatrician @ CHLA.

Definetely the nicest car in the lot. Ocasionally park in a row of 4 EV spots....usually flanked by Chevy Volts (I've seen a Leaf park there as well).

It does give me a smile when I walk back to the lot and there are people circling the car :)

highly annoyed that we are a major children's hospital (quaternary care referral center) and our EV charging stations are just 110V plugs!

Big organizations and corporations definitely need to get on board already! (That includes Hotels...which I think has been brought up on other postings....).

Let me add a qualifier since a few peds have bought already, ...just a 'Canadian pediatrician'!:tongue:

saving for the x.

Radiologist in Orange County.
Trying to convince others in my group to get a Model S.
Haven't seen one yet in the hospital parking lot. Although they are becoming less rare in the wild here in Newport Beach (I've seen at least 2 or 3 of different colors).
Gray P85 won't arrive for another month or two. :biggrin: