Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best car insurance deal for model X in Quebec

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats for the MX! I enjoy so much my car, I hope you will also.

Insurance: it's complicated because it depends on many factors. Like in my case, we have a second car for the two teenagers, one learning to drive, so it's rather high (even if they absolutely don't have the right to drive the Tesla!!)

Anyway, if you don't get answers here, you should try on the AVEQ forum, in the Tesla section.

I'm with la capitale - asked a price for about 25 000 km a year and i'm currently paying 54$ a month. They have a 15% discount for green vehicles! Best price I could find.

Just called them. They are offering me the best deal I have found so far for a Model X 100D, for two drivers, and max of protection. Something around 1300CA$/year. Some other companies would offer me up to 4000CA$...

Thanks a lot for the advice!

Reactions: Nick B
Congrats for the MX! I enjoy so much my car, I hope you will also.

Insurance: it's complicated because it depends on many factors. Like in my case, we have a second car for the two teenagers, one learning to drive, so it's rather high (even if they absolutely don't have the right to drive the Tesla!!)

Anyway, if you don't get answers here, you should try on the AVEQ forum, in the Tesla section.

I recommend you to have 2 separate policies if your kids are not allowed to drive Tesla. I have 1 policy for Tesla with my name as driver and 2nd policy for another vehicle with my husband as the principal driver and other occasional drives. It's definitely cheaper than 1 policy which each driver incurs insurance to cover for both vehicles.

Reactions: Nick B
I recommend you to have 2 separate policies if your kids are not allowed to drive Tesla. I have 1 policy for Tesla with my name as driver and 2nd policy for another vehicle with my husband as the principal driver and other occasional drives. It's definitely cheaper than 1 policy which each driver incurs insurance to cover for both vehicles.

Thats also sound advice. Ask each company hoe much they would charge for the coverage separately