Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Cell Phone Integration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm having teething problems with my cell phone.

Bluetooth worked fine - I am using an Android Motorola Verizon something or other will a pull out keyboard - love it!

It synched fine. And I have used the hands free portion and ppl hear me fine.

BUT ... when the phone rings, I see nothing on my center console to tell me and answer the phone.

What have I done wrong?

My old iPhone 4 works well.

I'm curious how well the audio (music) works when connected via USB. Does the phone charge (one of my current cars connects fine, but doesn't charge)? Do the iPod-type controls appear on the touch screen to let you access Albums, Artists, Playlists etc. that on the phone? Can you skip tracks, fast-forward, rewind etc. from the touchscreen?

I have both a Galaxy S3 and iPhone 4S and both work great via Bluetooth.

I'm curious how well the audio (music) works when connected via USB. Does the phone charge (one of my current cars connects fine, but doesn't charge)? Do the iPod-type controls appear on the touch screen to let you access Albums, Artists, Playlists etc. that on the phone? Can you skip tracks, fast-forward, rewind etc. from the touchscreen?

Audio from the phones only work through Bluetooth as of now. The phones will charge when plugged in, but don't integrate into the audio system via the USB Ports, yet. IPods don't work either, which is what I really want.

Audio from the phones only work through Bluetooth as of now. The phones will charge when plugged in, but don't integrate into the audio system via the USB Ports, yet. IPods don't work either, which is what I really want.

Well, that kinda sucks. I like to listen to podcasts in my car on the way to work. Currently, I can access my Podcasts playlist on the ICE's touch screen and hold down the FF button to skip through commercials. I assume with Bluetooth I will have to utilize the phone's own controls (while driving)? Or do these controls work through the touchscreen when connected via Bluetooth?

Well, that kinda sucks. I like to listen to podcasts in my car on the way to work. Currently, I can access my Podcasts playlist on the ICE's touch screen and hold down the FF button to skip through commercials. I assume with Bluetooth I will have to utilize the phone's own controls (while driving)? Or do these controls work through the touchscreen when connected via Bluetooth?

You'll have to rely on your phone's controls. Holding down the next track/previous track buttons do not (as you would expect) fast forward/fast reverse. There is a playhead slider bar thingy (can't think of what to call it) that you can drag your finger left and right to move to a different time in the current 'track', but if the podcast you're listening to is really long, the resolution of the slider isn't very good.

You can pause and play via the Bluetooth, but if I want to jump forward 30 seconds or back ten, I have to use the phone (Podcast app on the iPhone for me). I'm in the same boat with podcasts and will be quite grateful when I have full range of controls on the touchscreen so I'm not forced to use the phone to switch podcasts, jump forward or back etc.

I recently upgraded from the iPhone 4 to iPhone 5. I have noticed a few instances when the 5 didn't pair with the car when I got in. I also noted once it unpaired while I was driving and I had to re-pair it using the Model S touchscreen. It seems a bit sporadic but works most of the time.

It does a nice job of streaming music from the iPhone and I like being able to skip tracks and pause using the buttons on the steering wheel.

I recently upgraded from a 4s to a 6. With the 4s, I was having problems with the phone dropping and locking up. If I left the vehicle and left the door open and walked out of range, the phone and car bluetooth would lock up, and I would have to delete the pair from both devices and re-pair. I was doing this about every week. Now, the new Iphone 6 and everything is working seamlessly. I have had the 6 now for about 5 weeks and there have been no issues whatsoever!

I recently upgraded from a 4s to a 6. With the 4s, I was having problems with the phone dropping and locking up. If I left the vehicle and left the door open and walked out of range, the phone and car bluetooth would lock up, and I would have to delete the pair from both devices and re-pair. I was doing this about every week. Now, the new Iphone 6 and everything is working seamlessly. I have had the 6 now for about 5 weeks and there have been no issues whatsoever!

That's reassuring, thanks!

Anybody paired a windows phone and how well does it integrate?

Here's a weird one. Not sure if it was the phone or the phone to car bluetooth interface: My iPhone 4 (yep, that old) worked flawlessly. I got a new iPhone 5S company phone which worked for a bit and then completely locked up during a bluetooth call. I mean really locked up. The phone couldn't be used, re-set or anything. My company's IT Dept. had to wipe and re-build the phone to get it going again.