Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best charger for model 3 and Chevy volt

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I own a Bolt. ;)
Oh, gotcha. It's kind of amazing the price/performance level of the EVSEs that Tesla sells. The mobile connectors that are so portable and compact and can handle 32A is amazing for the price. And the wall connectors that can use up to 100A circuits--every other unit like that would be at least a couple thousand dollars. It's no wonder QuickChargePower has a business buying those and converting them to J1772, and they're still just a little cheaper than anyone else can sell them for.

Oh, gotcha. It's kind of amazing the price/performance level of the EVSEs that Tesla sells. The mobile connectors that are so portable and compact and can handle 32A is amazing for the price. And the wall connectors that can use up to 100A circuits--every other unit like that would be at least a couple thousand dollars. It's no wonder QuickChargePower has a business buying those and converting them to J1772, and they're still just a little cheaper than anyone else can sell them for.

Yeah, it's a great deal even for non-Tesla owners if you have the Tesla to j1772 adapter. Cheapest 32A option out there.

I asked this question about a month ago, and came to the conclusion the best charger would be to use the one that comes with the model 3, and buy an adapter for the volt.

Thus I'm still using the slow 120v charger that came with my 2013 volt. There's been a few times where it didn't charge all the way due to getting home late at night (like midnight) and having to drive to work the next day which isn't ideal, but I don't want to spend to much on a car that I may sell to help buy the 3 when my configuration date comes (feels like forever now).