Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best charger route mapping

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

just looking for the best app for viewing and mapping EV charge points in the UK? I know the car comes with the ability but unsure if it’s just for superchargers(?), and I’d like an app for my iPhone.

I’ve looked at zap map, which looks decent - but unsure which chargers should be visible (only want to see chargers which are equivalent to supercharger charging speeds etc - rapid)?

I find Zap Map more useful than PlugShare, for filtering chargers.

If you really do only want supercharger powers (120kW? and 150 kW for V2, 250 kW for V3) or greater, you will miss out on the 50 kW chargers, which are the vast majority at the moment.

Zap Map will allow you to filter the type of charger and power. Model 3 can't charge above 11 kW on type 2, so only look at CCS. Turn off CHAdeMO unless you want to buy an adapter.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200620-094905.jpg
    Screenshot_20200620-094905.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 36

If you really do only want supercharger powers (120kW? and 150 kW for V2, 250 kW for V3) or greater, you will miss out on the 50 kW chargers, which are the vast majority at the moment.

Zap Map will allow you to filter the type of charger and power. Model 3 can't charge above 11 kW on type 2, so only look at CCS. Turn off CHAdeMO unless you want to buy an adapter.

perfect - thanks! 50kw added, 1hr seems acceptable time to wait. Thanks

Yes, that is very useful. Been looking at posts for a while for that info.