Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best charging hotel options near Leland NC?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like the closest station listed in PlugShare is the Market Street parking deck:

Market Street Parking Deck | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare

That might be a good backup option, especially if you plan to spend time in Wilmington itself anyway. I personally find it much more convenient to charge overnight wherever I'm staying, even if it's just a 120V outlet. Unfortunately you'll probably have to call all the hotels you're considering. Most buildings do have at least one outdoor 120V outlet, but it varies widely as to whether you'll be allowed to try it and whether it'll work.

If you do find a hotel where you end up charging successfully, please add it to PlugShare, and consider writing a review on TripAdvisor, Yelp, etc., with specific mention of charging, to help future EV travelers.

Edited to add: there's a Hampton Inn on the east side of Wilmington that offers 120V charging. Not sure if that's close enough for you.

Hampton Inn Suites | Wilmington, NC | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare

Last edited:
since the local charging options were limited (checked PlugShare), I stopped at the Lumberton Supercharger and charged to 100% there. I was able to make it to Leland and back to Lumberton on that charge. The best option looked to be the Main Street Parking deck but unfortunately I was not able to get over there to use it first hand. Thank you all for the suggestions.