TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Best charging hotel options near Leland NC?

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by MrSled, Oct 28, 2014.

1. MrSled

MrSled Member

I am heading to Leland NC in a couple of weeks and am looking for some hotel recommendations with charging options near there. Anyone have any ideas?

2. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

3. paulkva

paulkva Member

#3 paulkva, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
    Looks like the closest station listed in PlugShare is the Market Street parking deck:

Market Street Parking Deck | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare

That might be a good backup option, especially if you plan to spend time in Wilmington itself anyway. I personally find it much more convenient to charge overnight wherever I'm staying, even if it's just a 120V outlet. Unfortunately you'll probably have to call all the hotels you're considering. Most buildings do have at least one outdoor 120V outlet, but it varies widely as to whether you'll be allowed to try it and whether it'll work.

If you do find a hotel where you end up charging successfully, please add it to PlugShare, and consider writing a review on TripAdvisor, Yelp, etc., with specific mention of charging, to help future EV travelers.

Edited to add: there's a Hampton Inn on the east side of Wilmington that offers 120V charging. Not sure if that's close enough for you.

Hampton Inn Suites | Wilmington, NC | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare

4. CHGolferJim

CHGolferJim Member

Any interest in a beach house rental at Sunset Beach? I am looking for a solid reason to install an EV charger for renters and personal use, and this could be a win/win.

5. Zarwin

Zarwin Member

6. MrSled

MrSled Member

since the local charging options were limited (checked PlugShare), I stopped at the Lumberton Supercharger and charged to 100% there. I was able to make it to Leland and back to Lumberton on that charge. The best option looked to be the Main Street Parking deck but unfortunately I was not able to get over there to use it first hand. Thank you all for the suggestions.