Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best color in the cloudy PNW?

Best color for cloudy rainy weather

• Midnight Silver Mettalic

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Pearl White

Votes: 18 43.9%
  • Multi-Coat Red

Votes: 15 36.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I am to the point of debating which color I should choose when ordering my M3P. Don't want blue or black.

I am torn between Pearl White, Midnight Silver Mettalic and Red. We live in the cloudy and rainy PNW.

I've seen all of these colors in person, but wanted to get feedback from you fine folks who have the day to day experience with them and your thoughts - specifically in cloudy and rainy times. Overall like / dislike of the color, how long it keeps clean, does it make you happy when you see it.

For the MSM I think it looks pretty good with the 20 inch performance wheels and the chrome isn't so bad with that color, so very little to do to it after market and it would pop with the white interior.

For the white, I would want to give it the stormtrooper treatment so some extra time and money there. Black interior would probably go well with it though.

For the red, I've never had a red car or been a red fan.... But Tesla's red is awesome with a white interior. Big problem is how it looks day to day in the cloudy rainy weather and not sunshine.

Think about how they'll all look when they're dirty, because with all of the rain, they'll be that way most of the time.

IMO, white is the worst choice (because it won't be white very long). I have a red and it has looked pretty good during the rainy months, but looks like crap now with the salt & what not on it. Not sure about the MSM.

Made me laugh but I also disagree. I think it looks great in standard silver. The only colors I don’t like it in are blue and the dark grey. To me it looks best in black and then red followed by silver and then white. Is that it? Pretty limited options. I’ve found car color preferences to be very subjective. Similar to music but with much less variety. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I have a MSM in western WA. Sometimes I love it, sometimes it looks a little dull. It was between White or MSM for me. I think blue with the white interior looks great but white looks great with white and MSM exterior I’m sure.

White will hide scratches longer. I may have got white if the wife’s SUV wasn’t also white already.

We get our fair share of gloomy clouds here and I feel like the MC Red is nearly as good as one of those lights used to treat seasonal affective disorder. This past November I even attempted to document the vibe with a picture ;)

A16F6EDA-86D2-48AB-A9E0-87D059884968.JPG

We get our fair share of gloomy clouds here and I feel like the MC Red is nearly as good as one of those lights used to treat seasonal affective disorder. This past November I even attempted to document the vibe with a picture ;)

View attachment 380400
I have to disagree w those favoring red. I love red however. The problem is that red seems to always look like I have cataracts. I even painted my airplane candy apple red, used white under it, and added pearl to it. In the sun you need sunglasses it is so bright and beautiful. But when the sun is not hitting it directly, it looks like it is covered in mud, particularly vertical surfaces.

I went with white. Stunning. And usually the only white one at the Superchargers where it really stands out.

I have red with white interior. Had it wrapped/ coated as it didn't get to stay in the garage. This makes it easy peasy to keep it clean and looking good.

Looking at all the other 3s driving around this winter in the PNW, I only once thought a white one with deeply tinted windows looked good, otherwise I've always felt the 3 only looks good in red.