Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Comments on EV Stories

Peter 224

May 9, 2021
Salisbury
I've spent tie reading this thread. Much of it made me laugh, but it is rather worrying that so many of the population seem to have lost the power of analytical reason and trust the Daily Mirror...

Oh, I'm in my 70th year and didn't have any problem transitioning to an EV. But then I'm a Chemist and was awarded a Fellowship of the Royal Society of Chemistry, so perhaps I'm not representative of the typical "man in the street". I used to think I was, but the internet has convinced me otherwise.

Must go now, I need to go and shovel some more electrons into the M3. They are real little bu**ers to get into the tank.

Dilly

Feb 24, 2020
Norfolk
He may have a point do they have electricity in Norfolk?

My parents are 80 and they just ordered a Kia Soul EV. Good for them but since my Dad has only barely got his head around WhatsApp at this point we could be in for some interesting times :)
Some parts of Norfolk still run on alchemy 😂
Father in law gave up driving a couple of years ago he’s 92. He couldn’t get his head round the lack of noise from my starter motor!

Reactions: DavidB

Dilly

Feb 24, 2020
Norfolk
I've spent tie reading this thread. Much of it made me laugh, but it is rather worrying that so many of the population seem to have lost the power of analytical reason and trust the Daily Mirror...

Oh, I'm in my 70th year and didn't have any problem transitioning to an EV. But then I'm a Chemist and was awarded a Fellowship of the Royal Society of Chemistry, so perhaps I'm not representative of the typical "man in the street". I used to think I was, but the internet has convinced me otherwise.

Must go now, I need to go and shovel some more electrons into the M3. They are real little bu**ers to get into the tank.
Make sure to mop up any spillage. You don’t want a Big Bang 😱

Cloggie

Nov 18, 2020
West Midlands, UK
He may have a point do they have electricity in Norfolk?

My parents are 80 and they just ordered a Kia Soul EV. Good for them but since my Dad has only barely got his head around WhatsApp at this point we could be in for some interesting times :)
You are a brave man!
I can just imagine the phone calls if they are anything like the conversations we have with our older relatives just trying to get a video call to work 😆

Tony Hoyle

May 7, 2019
Stockport, UK
It's not really age.. it's mindset. I visited the local HAM radio group and there were people there much older than me who clearly had no problems with technology or figuring out new things.

I've watched teenagers give up in disgust because someone minimised facebook, 'breaking' it.

• Funny
Reactions: Cloggie and Dilly

MrT.

Jun 4, 2021
Shrewsbury
How ridiculous is this?? My first trip was in my car was to France. I mean I had to get a lead adaptor to cope with the fact the electricity was nuclear and I had to convert my trip computer to Euros but other than that it was fine!
there was me thinking the adapter was because they drove on the other side and so had to use positrons.

• Funny
Reactions: Dilly

tomorrowman

Mar 10, 2020
Hampshire
Don't diss the ancient - some of us learned to work a VHS recorder:D
Respect - these young pups have no idea with their sky boxes, google TV's and streaming/casting their way to entertainment.

The fond memories of learning the intricacies of a B&O video 2000 player and later realising we had backed the wrong horse

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC