Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best contact method get Tesla support help?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a few nagging issues some which I think can be solved remotely (I.e post MCU2 upgrade remote app unlock of doors not working - missing e-cert)

I opened a service request in app but it has been days and no response.

Is there a better way to reach Tesla support and get remote troubleshooting help? Every time I try online chat it doesn’t let me through. Should I just try getting through to local SC? 1800 number?

curious what has worked best for you guys

I had a good experience this morning - i went back to previous SC appointment and text thread i had with SC. Texted on that thread and within 20 minutes the service advisor responded and they reset something on backend that allowed me to remotely unlock car/open trunk etc (they forgot to copy e-cert during MCU2 upgrade). For the other issues i have they agreed to squeeze me into a spot on Thurs vs. waiting for mobile SC in two weeks. Lets see how the visit goes:)

Reactions: johnking
If the issues are threatening safety, then swing by the service center and ask for a walk-in. Otherwise, I would fix an appointment in the app and list the issues. Usually, someone from Tesla looks at the upcoming appointments a week before the date of the appointment and tries to diagnose what could be the issue. In case they see a way to diagnose remotely or offer you help in some other way, they will let you know.

Once upon a time ............you could talk to a central support team in Tesla but they have cut costs and only support 'Emergency' situations in their 1800 number.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200