Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best current finance rates? Taking delivery end of the month

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a 75D. Those 1.49 and .99 Tesla deals are long gone. I think best Tesla does is 2.49 or 2.72 these days which is too high and id rather pay cash. People keep betting for the market but personally I feel anything over 2.3% is not worth taking the loan for as the market could gogo downward with anticipation of rising interest rates.

Reactions: MelaniainLA
I got a 75D. Those 1.49 and .99 Tesla deals are long gone. I think best Tesla does is 2.49 or 2.72 these days which is too high and id rather pay cash. People keep betting for the market but personally I feel anything over 2.3% is not worth taking the loan for as the market could gogo downward with anticipation of rising interest rates.

If interest rate does rise, so does your checking account. It is already up to 1.35% at local banks. 2.72 over 6 years is like free borrowing. Apple bond pays around that level of you are concern about losing your money at market downturn. It’s like a 6 year hedge

Attachments

• 7DA6B59B-3B56-4D51-8270-96963A2DE8E2.png
    7DA6B59B-3B56-4D51-8270-96963A2DE8E2.png
    550.6 KB · Views: 215
Rates not likely going to change until April 1, I would hold off until last week of March. Treat it like a free lock

My DS confirmed the rates are frozen until then, but after the 30th March you cannot carry-over the 1.49% into April - but I don't know if that means any pre-approval is nullified and they'll have to re-run my credit again (even if I only applied a few days before, much less 30 days), or if they won't allow people to fully open the finance account in March for a delivery in April. It's all very confusing and I'm frustrated by the lack of clarity from my DS.