Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Dash Cam for Tesla 2017

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most people have opted for the BlackVue camera range but recently other brands seemed to have come into the market with new features. For a reasonable amount it seems these devices can save so much time and hassle in the event of incidents.

Any advice on brands/models ? I am based near Gatwick with a Model X

I have a ThinkWare F750, it's very similar in features to the BlackVue, but both front and rear cameras are 1080p. Both are great cameras.

If you go ThinkWare, get the wiring kit with it. It needs a 3 wire setup, ground, switched (accessory) power, and continuous power. That lets it switch from driving to parking mode as the car is turned on/off.

I have to say having watched some comparison videos the THINKWARE F750 seems the better camera, especially the rear.

I have the BlackVue750. I like it a lot. My only complaint is the touch screen is becoming less cooperative lately; I assume the FLorida sun is beginning to take its toll. They don't even make that model anymore I don't think... I also noticed the THINKWARE only has max card of 64GB. Not enough in my mind...

Have done quite a bit of research on this, (for example: Thinkware F770 vs Blackvue DR650GW) and I have pretty much made up my mind to get Simon to fit the Thinkware F770 for the following reasons:
  1. It has HD quality for the rear camera
  2. Parking mode takes up less storage space
  3. Verbal alerts confirming that it is working OK
  4. Is hopefully less prone than Blackvue to requiring regular reformatting of the memory card
  5. Has better night time recording
  6. Is cheaper than Blackvue!