Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Deal I have found for winter tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was just filing out the rebate form, and the terms and conditions says:
This offer is for retail sales in the Maritime provinces and Quebec only.
Good eye for catching that. I do know for a fact there is a rebate for Ontario because the Kal Tire guy looked it up when I put down my deposit. I don't see it on their site though but they had said it was available for October.

FYI the Continentals also have an additional $65 mail in rebate as well as being $199 each right now. Almost too good to be true, beginning to wonder if CT screwed up?
Yup, that was in my original post. With rebate they come to 735 for the set of 4. Crazy. I actually already had a set of used X-ice tires I bought off Kijiji for 500... When I saw this deal I bought the Conti's and sold the xice today for 600 :rolleyes:...so to me the Conti's cost me 635 :eek: (...plus tax)

There was nothing wrong with the xice, and I'm hoping the Conti's last as long .I read they may be louder, but the xice I sold had 85% tread, so probably in the long run the Conti's will last longer since they are new.

• Funny
Reactions: fidodido
Good eye for catching that. I do know for a fact there is a rebate for Ontario because the Kal Tire guy looked it up when I put down my deposit. I don't see it on their site though but they had said it was available for October.

KalTire now has the Nokian rebates up on the website. $50 instant rebate on R3s. Sadly, none for my WRG4s.

Kal Tire | Promotions Tires

So, I went to another KalTire location for the price match with Canadian Tire (Continental WinterContact SI). He tried to do it, but he said they're back ordered!? :confused: It seems like they don't want to do it anyways. I dropped by near by OKTire. They couldn't match the price, but offered me reasonable price with good installation fees. The total with tax and levies, came out to be $1128 (12% gst+pst) minus $65 Mail-in rebates; $225 per tire plus fees. I ordered the set and schedule to install it end of October.

So, I went to another KalTire location for the price match with Canadian Tire (Continental WinterContact SI). He tried to do it, but he said they're back ordered!? :confused: It seems like they don't want to do it anyways. I dropped by near by OKTire. They couldn't match the price, but offered me reasonable price with good installation fees. The total with tax and levies, came out to be $1128 (12% gst+pst) minus $65 Mail-in rebates; $225 per tire plus fees. I ordered the set and schedule to install it end of October.
What rims did you get or planning to get?

I was looking for it, but it seems like they're doing the first run of Replika R187 in 18". Previously, they had larger sizes for Model S and X. I believe the 18" are new size for Model 3. There might be a person with larger R187 on Model 3, but I wasn't able to find one photo.

This it correct. The replikas are now being made in 18” and fit the model 3. The group buy I set up with wheelsco had some in stock last week for $699, which is what I went with. Not sure if they have any left. My install is later this month so I’ll post a pic with them then.

Reactions: fidodido and marcn
Went and grabbed the tires at CT in Kanata - too good a deal to pass up. I'll put off getting them installed somewhere until late October.

I asked them about Teslas and apparently the store manager has a Tesla and they definitely work on them. I assume if they can lift an S/X they can lift a 3?
Im looking for a place as well...im guessing Kal Tire out in the west end. I still haven't purchased winters yet, im looking for X-Ice 3s.

Anyone get them installed at Costco? I purchased some xice scheduled an install. Went early to double check they can do Tesla. They can do S and X but will not do 3. Even if I got those lift mounts they said they won’t do it. This was Costco thorncliffe park downtown Toronto. Anyone had any luck? I ended up returning it all and now have to find a substitute. Would have got those can tire ones for $730 but wanted Costco warranty now it’s gone.

• Informative
Reactions: Liquidmetal101
Anyone get them installed at Costco? I purchased some xice scheduled an install. Went early to double check they can do Tesla. They can do S and X but will not do 3. Even if I got those lift mounts they said they won’t do it. This was Costco thorncliffe park downtown Toronto. Anyone had any luck? I ended up returning it all and now have to find a substitute. Would have got those can tire ones for $730 but wanted Costco warranty now it’s gone.

Go with Tesla authorized

• Informative
Reactions: Liquidmetal101

Costco is a YMMV thing unfortunately. Check out the prices from Kal Tire with the TOCO deal. The warranty is similar to Costco's which is included in the TOCO deal.