Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Deal I have found for winter tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't like the idea of paying $50 for a membership to a group I'm never going to use other than for these tires.

I mean, it's up to you in the end but you never know if the $50 would cover any potential savings as well. You lose nothing by calling for a price.

Agreed. I wonder how the TOCO 1 meeting a month is? I find these forums have more info and answers all the questions I have about Tesla. People are usually pretty responsive when I post a question.

I started attending them in Sept. I missed the last one due to being sick but I go for the social aspect. I don't learn anything at all from them since I pretty much know everything Tesla related already. There was a free BBQ held at Tesla Oakville in Sept that was nice. It was a family event.

But the $50 membership fee worked in my favour for the larger discount I received for tires. They have a few other vendors that provide preferred pricing as well.

Last edited:
Agreed. I wonder how the TOCO 1 meeting a month is? I find these forums have more info and answers all the questions I have about Tesla. People are usually pretty responsive when I post a question.

I feel the same way as I have interest in EVs through work and also being an owner. The same information is related at the monthly meetings with addition of local news and EV numbers in the GTA (it is a local club).

I've attended three events and they're more about the various sponsors and service available to Tesla owners in the GTA as each event has some guest speaker that has an EV related service. It's also a social gathering if you want to talk Tesla with other owners.

If you don't want to attend, that's fine - to each their own. The savings and knowledge of reputable service providers alone for a fair price of $50 + discount codes is good enough.

As Tony have said in the past, the membership pays for itself as soon as you use the code to buy winter tires.

Anyone get them installed at Costco? I purchased some xice scheduled an install. Went early to double check they can do Tesla. They can do S and X but will not do 3. Even if I got those lift mounts they said they won’t do it. This was Costco thorncliffe park downtown Toronto. Anyone had any luck? I ended up returning it all and now have to find a substitute. Would have got those can tire ones for $730 but wanted Costco warranty now it’s gone.
So Costco wont touch the Model3? I was there yesterday and they said they would im guessing they never worked on a 3 before.

Thinking of just swapping out for winters this year on the stock aero rims.

Are these one of the recommmened tires and size for the model 3 that are on sale this week at Canadian tire?

Attachments

• C2B9BE57-537A-4857-B69F-4302B88EEA8D.png
    C2B9BE57-537A-4857-B69F-4302B88EEA8D.png
    282.3 KB · Views: 86
For those of you worried about getting tires installed and someone who knows how to work on a model 3....give Spence a call at Spence TIres. He swapped my aero rims and winter rims with tires while doing the caliper paint for me yesterday. He's worked on over 100 model 3s, and was a great guy. Not sure if he really is in the business of doing tire swaps per se, but I would recommend him if he is willing to do the work. Here's the thread with his contact info/painting work he does.

Red Brake Calipers - incredible work and price!

For those of you worried about getting tires installed and someone who knows how to work on a model 3....give Spence a call at Spence TIres. He swapped my aero rims and winter rims with tires while doing the caliper paint for me yesterday. He's worked on over 100 model 3s, and was a great guy. Not sure if he really is in the business of doing tire swaps per se, but I would recommend him if he is willing to do the work. Here's the thread with his contact info/painting work he does.

Red Brake Calipers - incredible work and price!

I'm pretty sure his business is mainly rims and tires.

Reactions: Ludatik
I'm pretty sure his business is mainly rims and tires.

Agreed, he does prefer to sell the rims and tires too, but since he was doing other work for me he did the mounting/swapping/balancing. Just trying to give him some more word of mouth exposure. Too bad its getting cold, otherwise people could bundle the brake painting and tire mounting like I did.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ