Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Deal I have found for winter tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To anyone worried about the speed rating on the R3's or any other winter tire....
How fast are you planning on going with winter tires on in the winter?

No faster than usual....Normal driving speeds. I don't think anyone needs to be concerned with the lower top speed rating of a T vs W series tire. The "lower" rating of 190 km/h is still way more than any of us will be travelling. At least I hope so...

Last edited:
Reactions: pcons
Correct. I was pretty lucky. There was a minor dent/scratches on two of them that won't impact holding air but I'm going to get them fixed. Any recommendations on where to get rim repair. The other two rims are perfectly new.

If you're just using for winter tires, I'd just use touch up paint and call it a day - unless of course the rims are bent and mounted tires won't hold air.

How do the Hakka's compare to Pirelli Winter 240 Sottozero Series IIs? Costco has them for $325, just waiting on some of the other rebates and stuff before I purchase ... Can then swap rims/tires at costco forever, also warranty is second to none, had a puncture on my other car in RunFlats, they replaced all 4 tires minus depreciated use.

https://tires.costco.ca/Product?lang=en-ca&ItemNo=254558&SearchID=235|||45|||18|||3|||en-ca
Is that price for 18's or 19's? Your link doesn't work.

The Sottozero's aren't the best in their class from the reviews I've read. For comparable pricing you can do better.

How do the Hakka's compare to Pirelli Winter 240 Sottozero Series IIs? Costco has them for $325, just waiting on some of the other rebates and stuff before I purchase ... Can then swap rims/tires at costco forever, also warranty is second to none, had a puncture on my other car in RunFlats, they replaced all 4 tires minus depreciated use.

https://tires.costco.ca/Product?lang=en-ca&ItemNo=254558&SearchID=235|||45|||18|||3|||en-ca

From what I've gathered so far (others feel free to correct me if I'm wrong):

Pirelli Sottozero Serie II - Let's you drive a sports car like a sports car in mild winter weather, not so great in heavy winter conditions
Nokian Hakka R3 - Great in all winter conditions, including deeper snow