Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best demo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a fun time tonight and thought I’d share,

Was taking an engineer friend for a test ride today. He was sitting in the back seat behind me. After we’d shown him some of the standard things, the display, doing some quick launches, heating his seat, etc., but not really selling the car too hard, he decides to play smartass. From the peanut gallery I hear “So, what else can this thing do?” and then without pausing to allow anyone to answer he blurts out “Computer, Play Ministry”.

Due to my serendipitous choice of response <demo the voice commands>, I had pressed the right steering wheel button after his question, so the computer was listening right at “Play Ministry”, accurately parsed it out and fired up a Ministry song. It was brilliant - and not at all the result he was expecting.

“Well then.”

<grin>

It reminds me of something that happened to me as a teenager. My brother and I were huge Beatles fans at the time and would frequently listen to the Beatles on our cassette deck in the car. (Cassette. Yeah, I know.) One day, our very high strung mother was with us (she hated the Beatles) and after an hour of listening to the Beatles she snapped. She started yelling at us, "I hate the Beatles. The Beatles are dead. Don't you get it? Nobody listens to the Beatles any more!" She leaned forward and angrily ejected the tape, which immediately caused the FM radio to begin playing and, yep, there was a Beatles song on the radio. My brother and I were laughing so hard that we had to pull off the road.