Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best door seal kit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the roof noise kit and made no difference in sound I hear coming from top of windows
I saw a video richrebuilds did where an xtesla tech described how air was rushing through the roof / frame area, it being a hollow tube open to the frunck. He was describing a model X. He stuffed foam into the tunnel at the frunck connection. I looked, looks plausible but time-consuming in a 3.

I don't know if the X and the 3 have a similar pilar construction, but I saw a video from RichRebuilds where a Tesla tech revealed wind was coming up through the pilar from the frunk area on the early Xes. He stuffed expanding foam in the tunnel opening for a fix.
If they are constructed the same you might be hearing wind noise running through the roof frame.

btw, richrebuilds is worth the time, he is quite entertaining, in an odd way :)

Enjoy the Rick Rebuilds ,
but I now am in possession of a salvaged model 3. There is no gap that would allow air in the body above the doors.

Has anyone compared the road noise in the 2020 models with the older models? I have a 2020 on the way and I'm trying to determine whether it's necessary to buy one of these door seal kits. It sounds like for anything built prior to the fall of 2019 it is a definite improvement, but I know Tesla promised to improve the seals/road noise on the 2020 models so I'm wondering how useful these kits are on the newer model?

Has anyone compared the road noise in the 2020 models with the older models? I have a 2020 on the way and I'm trying to determine whether it's necessary to buy one of these door seal kits. It sounds like for anything built prior to the fall of 2019 it is a definite improvement, but I know Tesla promised to improve the seals/road noise on the 2020 models so I'm wondering how useful these kits are on the newer model?
Yes. My 2019 is louder in-cabin than the 2020. Aftermarket door seals do not reduce interior noise contrary to what the internet says. They DO however assist in keeping the door sills clean.

Reactions: brur
Tear that 2020 apart and identify where the improvements were made for the sake of all of us! Haha

I haven’t seen much, if any, noise improvement from these added roof/ door seals but with the reports of newer cars having less cabin noise, I wish we could figure out what exactly tesla has done to get it quieter than all these solutions people have been trying.
Agreed!