Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Energy Providers [UK]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Many people will vouch for Agile but I'm not so convinced at less extreme electricity usage figures than we are currently witnessing that its worth the hassle. Everyones usage will be different though and an EV will bring different usage patterns than you previously would have had.
A while back I installed OctoGraph which pulls in your Octopus consumption as far back as it goes and compares it to Agile. I was on Go at the time, and going all the way back to late 2019, for any date range I chose, Agile was always cheaper, usually by £1-2 per day. This is through winter and spring (summer hadn’t started).

The way I think about Agile is that with every other tariff the energy company is hedging and they will always hedge very conservatively (meaning you pay fully for that hedging) whereas with Agile you are paying cost+ (where the + bit is fixed). Seems much fairer to me.

Reactions: Roy W.
A while back I installed OctoGraph which pulls in your Octopus consumption as far back as it goes and compares it to Agile. I was on Go at the time, and going all the way back to late 2019, for any date range I chose, Agile was always cheaper, usually by £1-2 per day. This is through winter and spring (summer hadn’t started).

The way I think about Agile is that with every other tariff the energy company is hedging and they will always hedge very conservatively (meaning you pay fully for that hedging) whereas with Agile you are paying cost+ (where the + bit is fixed). Seems much fairer to me.
Octograph looks interesting. Unfortunately I’d need a step-by-step guide to be able to set it up!

The peak rate is between 16:00 and 19:00 and is capped at a maximum of 35p per kWh. Today for example the half hourly rates for me are 18.47,20.54,18.75,20.8,20.89& 20.98. All the rest of today is less than 9.26p. If you can't absolutely minimize your use between 16:00 & 19:00 and shift your use to the cheapest periods then I would avoid Agile.