Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Equaliser Settings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the premium system

-1.5, -1, 0, -0.5, +1 is the most balanced curve I’ve found so far.

The “sub” is not a sub so boosting it means you are just increasing distortion, it will be more boomy but not necessarily better bass. You can’t ask an 8” driver to produce true low end air movement cleanly.

The midbass are not mounted with sufficient rigidity so by increasing you are just introducing resonance through the car materials not improving “punch”

The midrange lacks a bit of body but has pretty good clarity, certainly very good for a factory system

The highs are constrained from factory, I am investigating options.

Try what I’ve posted above then turn it up louder. You will see I have a reference point of 0 for one band, always cut instead of boost if possible and never boost a lot next to where you have a cut or vice versa.

Cutting can actually increase the overall oomph of a system, it’s a pretty typical American preference to have thicker heavy low end bass which is not really that natural but of course everyone’s ears are different and some folks just want to set things to extremes - which is also fine - but not my preference.

But definitely don’t kid yourselves that going +5 on lowest band is a good plan ..... it’s asking an 8” speaker to distort itself to death. :confused::)

On the premium system

The “sub” is not a sub so boosting it means you are just increasing distortion, it will be more boomy but not necessarily better bass. You can’t ask an 8” driver to produce true low end air movement cleanly.

The midbass are not mounted with sufficient rigidity so by increasing you are just introducing resonance through the car materials not improving “punch”

The midrange lacks a bit of body but has pretty good clarity, certainly very good for a factory system

Try what I’ve posted above then turn it up louder. You will see I have a reference point of 0 for one band, always cut instead of boost if possible and never boost a lot next to where you have a cut or vice versa.

Cutting can actually increase the overall oomph of a system, it’s a pretty typical American preference to have thicker heavy low end bass which is not really that natural but of course everyone’s ears are different and some folks just want to set things to extremes - which is also fine - but not my preference.

But definitely don’t kid yourselves that going +5 on lowest band is a good plan ..... it’s asking an 8” speaker to distort itself to death. :confused::)
We have a winner

thanks will defo try this out today and get back to ya

On the premium system

ta for this but I have 5 sliders buddy.

could you advise please

ta

h

On the premium system

Thanks for such a helpful post. I’ve never considered adjusting these things in the past and leave it all at zero. I will try this to see if I prefer it. Where would you recommend reading about these adjustments?

Whilst in the car, I mostly listen to speech audio. Would your recommendation change for this?

Whilst in the car, I mostly listen to speech audio. Would your recommendation change for this?

These are only subtle changes so shouldn't be an issue but as a general rule flat is often better for speech ... or even a little lift in the upper mids... but I can't imagine wanting to mess around back and forth depending on content. If you've got older ears then you will inevitably be losing some highs so experimenting with personal settings may be worth doing.

Reactions: Roy W.