Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Family Car Evah!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The best family car ever made! At the Sagamore SuperCharger on the way to Provincetown on Cape Cod. I replaced my Volvo Wagon with my Model S, and I swear the S has more cargo space than the wagon. Family of four, with provisions for a week, and four bikes in my Yakima rack on the roof, no problemo! So nice to have a family car with torque! :tongue:

IMG_1214.JPG

No kiddin, huh? I clipped a white parking pole in the first months of having her. I will say, the car is so much wider than I think. I've gotten used to the size now, but the first year I was clipping curbs with my right rear wheel a lot. Always thought of the S as a small sports car, like my BMW. But the thing's got some serious girth!

No kiddin, huh? I clipped a white parking pole in the first months of having her. I will say, the car is so much wider than I think. I've gotten used to the size now, but the first year I was clipping curbs with my right rear wheel a lot. Always thought of the S as a small sports car, like my BMW. But the thing's got some serious girth!

It does for sure. Sorry to see that. It is an incredible car. Storage, utility, convenience, fun. Any more feelings and I'm going to explode.

I agree! We just finished up a road trip (9 hours each way) in the Tesla with our family of 4 plus the dog (medium sized) and our gear. I was surprised how much room there was and the bonus of putting stinky dog food and wet towels in the frunk was awesome so we didn't stink up the passenger area! With the space under the trunk there is a ton of room. I wish the parcel shelf would fold smaller for transport - I ended up keeping it in and put some lighter items on top of it because it was nice to have when at the destination.

Love your attitude. This one's a driver not a trailer queen. Happy to hear you're delighted with the car.

Sosius - They Yakima Control Tower fits the mounts on the Model S.
Control Tower

Then you can attach any Yakima rack to it. Works really great.

Kepmad - Yup, mileage takes a hit with 4 bikes, 4 peeps, and a back full of stuff for a week at the beach. It was summer and I think I got around 430 Wh/mi. Wouldn't have made it without the new Supercharger in Bourne, just at the mouth of Cape Cod.

rxlawdude - Not a female, but if I were, I'd take it as a compliment! lol