Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Front Licence Plate Bracket

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
another vote for bandit. I went with bandit as their mounting seemed better than attaching to the grill like snapplate. That said, I think I saw snapplate may have changed their mount so I'd check them out again. But I've been happy with the bandit.

When I get my Model Y I am going for the Quick Bandit because I can take it off when I don't need it..
You can take of the snapplate as quickly and easily. Don't have snapplate so I could be mistaken here but I think you just push a round disc to unlock it. The quick bandit has a lever near the bottom that you sort of swing up and down (I think. I've never taken mine off).

• Informative
Reactions: jcanoe
They never attached mine when I picked it up. I'm waiting for a confrontation with an "authority figure" before I affix a front plate to my car. Looks better without it. There was an "elegant" solution with my G35, You just popped the tow hook cover off an used a binder clip to attach the license plate. I did that for >5yrs. Never had an issue. When I sold it :( I was able to sell it with a clean front bumper.

You can take of the snapplate as quickly and easily. Don't have snapplate so I could be mistaken here but I think you just push a round disc to unlock it. The quick bandit has a lever near the bottom that you sort of swing up and down (I think. I've never taken mine off).
The SnapPlate is designed to be quickly, easily removed from the grill on the front of the Tesla vehicle. The release mechanism is activated by depressing a round disk shaped part of mounting bracket. There is an optional security screw; if you install the security screw you have to remove the screw before you can activate the release button.

The SnapPlate is designed to be quickly, easily removed from the grill on the front of the Tesla vehicle. The release mechanism is activated by depressing a round disk shaped part of mounting bracket. There is an optional security screw; if you install the security screw you have to remove the screw before you can activate the release button.
Yes and that's pretty much how the bandit works. Just a lever rather than the disk. My question would be how does the current one attach? The reason I got the bandit was that it sort of hooks behind the bumper rather than clamping on to the grill

Yes and that's pretty much how the bandit works. Just a lever rather than the disk. My question would be how does the current one attach? The reason I got the bandit was that it sort of hooks behind the bumper rather than clamping on to the grill
The Tesla front license plate bracket is designed to attach to the front bumper of the Tesla vehicle with the included strips of double sided 3M automotive trim tape.

They never attached mine when I picked it up. I'm waiting for a confrontation with an "authority figure" before I affix a front plate to my car. Looks better without it. There was an "elegant" solution with my G35, You just popped the tow hook cover off an used a binder clip to attach the license plate. I did that for >5yrs. Never had an issue. When I sold it :( I was able to sell it with a clean front bumper.
LOL i had a G35x as well, tow hook plate mount is what i used. It actually saved my bumper from someone backing into the car. The stillen tow hook took most of the damage, i then put the plate with zip ties to the bottom center grill.