Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best front license plate mount?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

Before my official front plates arrive, I'd like to order one of those mounts that don't stick to or drill into the front bumper. I found one from thatgrin.com that seems robust, but it's also crazy expensive ($140); it seems its claim to fame is that it's very resilient, even for car washes. I found another one from SnapPlate that focuses on the fact that it's made from plastic and has multiple position options, but it's the same price and seems less resilient. Evannex has one that sounds less resilient, but it's only $80.

Any opinions on these or other competitors?

Thanks,

Todd

PS. Yes, I live in a state where we're supposed to have those on the front.

I bought the SnapPlate version for my 2014 Model S. But I haven't run front plates on my cars for 20+ years.

In that time, I've had one officer yell at me for not having the front plate.

I keep the front plate mounted to the SnapPlate mount in my trunk. That's for some future day if/when I do get pulled over (for something else) and the officer gives me a hard time, I can just say I removed it to get the car washed, and it's "right here in my trunk" and snap it right back on the front grill. The SnapPlate makes it very easy to mount/dismount.
Or if I do get a ticket for it, it's usually a "fix-it" ticket where you can put it on and take the ticket to the police station to get the ticket voided.