TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Best height on M3P with UP Coilovers?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Driving Dynamics' started by Ac3p, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Ac3p

Ac3p Member

Hi,
    I’m getting my unplugged performance coilovers and sway bars installed Tuesday and could use some advice on the best height. I also have the UP front lip on order.
    Seattle area so roads aren’t too bad and driveway is fine. Was thinking 1” lower or 1.5” but would love to get others opinions and experiences.

Thanks
    Arthur

2. webbah

webbah Member

I initially dropped mine 40cm but after bottoming out around town entering garages, etc, I raised it 10cm. So total drop for me is 30cm. Been quite happy with the setup now.

• Funny x 1
  3. Hawnboy

Hawnboy Member

Compared with the OEM stock set up, how was the ride "quality" with it set at 40 cm then to 30 cm ride height reduction?

4. dmd2005

dmd2005 Active Member

mm or cm? I think you mean mm. Maybe you were thinking about the travel on the Cybrtrk

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  5. webbah

webbah Member

It’s fantastic for me! I initially installed the Coilovers first and then the sway bars a month later. I was running on 18 clicks soft without the sway bars and it was great in the city (we have some bad roads). However the sway bars make things stiffer so I dropped to 22 clicks around the city to compensate. It sucks that it’s winter as I really can’t wait to take her to the track in spring.

For the sway bars I highly recommend setting them soft in front and medium in the rear. This is the best setup for me to remove any understeer in the twisties. UP recommended this setup to me after a few discussions.

Also note that for the Coilovers, if you hear some spring noises at all after install on the P3D+ simply increase the spring load by 5mm on the fronts and it will go away.

6. Ac3p

Ac3p Member

Thank you!!

7. webbah

webbah Member

Yes, sorry about that! I did mean mm. Cannot edit.

8. kbecks13

kbecks13 Active Member

30mm sounds about similar to what i did (~1.25") and has worked pretty well for me. Here are two photos with the same set-up, the racing one has a little compression going on.

BW1_1864_Jul2819_CaliPhoto.jpg
    Car_Charging.JPG

9. Ac3p

Ac3p Member

Thanks for the help everyone, went with 1.25 drop, 18 clicks, and S on the front, M on the rear sway bars, looking forward to seeing the difference when I pick up in 24h.

10. Hawnboy

Hawnboy Member

#10 Hawnboy, Nov 27, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    Sorry my error too, mm! I don't think the assembly adjust 40cms. And NO, was not thinking about the Cybertruck!

11. Hawnboy

Hawnboy Member

@webbah, thanks for your thoughts and review of your ride quality and set up.

• Like x 1
  12. webbah

webbah Member

I’d be interested to know how you like 18 clicks around town. If you have any rough roads like where I live it might be slightly harsh with the sway bars on with those settings. I dropped down to 22 clicks and it is much better.

13. Ac3p

Ac3p Member

So far very happy