Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best hitch mounted bike rack (for mountain bikes) for Model X refresh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have any feedback on hitch mounted bike racks they have that work well with the Model X? Looking to carry two bikes and I'm mostly looking for ease of use, usability with back liftgate/door and compatibility with sensors/cameras (don't want errors or warnings!).

I can charge with my bike on my rack with no issues. No need to swing or unload.

Depending on the site build and signage location then plugging in stretches the cord and puts extra pressure on the plug.
BUT, my point was also that this bike rack gives you a lot of flexibility for access to the rear of your vehicle for all reasons.

Oh yeah, that's a good point. I've seen some chargers with signs right behind the parking spot which would cause problems.

Reactions: scottf200
Put it in trailer mode, I believe that it gets rid of the beep from rear sensors. Not much you can do about the cameras though :)

Absolutely love the Kuat Piston Pro X. Its expensive, but you get what you pay for.
I put my hitch rack on my X for the first time yesterday and was surprised at how annoying it is compared to how my S was. Does Trailer Mode really solve that? I went to put it in trailer mode but it had a big warning about not doing it unless you’re pulling a trailer.

IMG_2609.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: scottf200