Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best home charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Rolec was meant to be installed today, after rescheduling the installation twice with the installers previously. I called them at 9 after they were meant to arrive at 8, told me the installer was sick today and they'd get back to me with a new installation date.

After 4 phone calls, the best they can do is in 4 weeks time, looking for alternatives if anyone knows of good Rolec installers in the Cambridgeshire area?
Who did you organise the installation with?

Has anyone had a zappi 2 installed yet? I know they are having issues with producing them fast enough and the installers I had lined up have gone silent on me...not keen on my current solution of dangling the umc out the downstairs loo window for too long...esp as it's getting cold and rainy.

It’s not so much recommended but sub contracted. When you make an enquiry with Rolec they pass the work on to the nearest approved installer to you. If you’ve been messed about with the speak to Rolec and let them know.

Ah ok, didn't know it was subcontracted I thought they just made recommendations. Overall they have been awful to deal with, never returning calls, telling me they don't know when they will have an installation date or when the date will be and then changing dates at the last minute before finally canceling.

Not in the interest of publicly naming and shaming companies, but they came recommended from Rolec directly
I don’t think it’s so much a case of naming and shaming. You would be doing a service to anyone else in your area wanting a charger. They would know who to avoid.

It sounds like this company don’t really appreciate the business.

Has anyone had a zappi 2 installed yet? I know they are having issues with producing them fast enough and the installers I had lined up have gone silent on me...not keen on my current solution of dangling the umc out the downstairs loo window for too long...esp as it's getting cold and rainy.
Had one installed at the start of September. Think the company I used had some in stock so only took 2 weeks from asking for a quote to it being installed

I am thinking of getting the Zappi even though I don’t currently have solar. I would like to get solar panels eventually but I honestly think it will be a long time before I can afford them (paying for a Tesla:-/)

I’m probably only considering the Zappi cos of the grant makes it seem like someone else is bearing the cost of my future proofing.

Should I just get a cheaper pod point/Rolec and get the Zappi if we ever get a 2nd EV & panels down the road?

I'm guessing you are trying to charge it overnight? I had the same issue and have to set a schedule in the car to start charging at 00:30 when the timed boost starts.

It seems to be a known issue that is caused by the car being asleep when the available amps changes

Tesla Model 3 - won't wake up via charger
I tried using the car schedule and leave the Zappi on fast charge last night but it didn't charge last night. Not even with using the app to wake the care up

I'm guessing you are trying to charge it overnight? I had the same issue and have to set a schedule in the car to start charging at 00:30 when the timed boost starts.

It seems to be a known issue that is caused by the car being asleep when the available amps changes

Tesla Model 3 - won't wake up via charger

Must be a Zappi issue. I don’t seem to have this problem with my Andersen home charger. I set the start charging time via the car screen to 00:30 for the Octopus off peak rate. Plug in the charger but it doesn’t start charging. The Tesla app correctly confirms that charging is scheduled to start at 00:30. Following morning the car is charged to the 90% capacity as per my settings.

I tried using the car schedule and leave the Zappi on fast charge last night but it didn't charge last night. Not even with using the app to wake the care up
The car didn't wake up Thursday or Friday night last week so set the schedule on the car but didn't get to test it until last night. I had the car schedule set to 00:30, had the Zappi on Eco+ with a timed boost of 00:30 for 4 hours, I check Teslafi at about 22:30 and the car was asleep and definitely woke up to start charging at 00:30

Must be a Zappi issue. I don’t seem to have this problem with my Andersen home charger. I set the start charging time via the car screen to 00:30 for the Octopus off peak rate. Plug in the charger but it doesn’t start charging. The Tesla app correctly confirms that charging is scheduled to start at 00:30. Following morning the car is charged to the 90% capacity as per my settings.
Definitely something between the Zappi and Tesla and I would guess the Tesla going to sleep isn't helping

Myenergi said:
The thing is there is a charging standard that the Model 3 is supposed to be compliant with and there are specific wake-up sequences in the standard, but the car is not responding to them. We have contacted Tesla about this issue.

The car didn't wake up Thursday or Friday night last week so set the schedule on the car but didn't get to test it until last night. I had the car schedule set to 00:30, had the Zappi on Eco+ with a timed boost of 00:30 for 4 hours, I check Teslafi at about 22:30 and the car was asleep and definitely woke up to start charging at 00:30

Definitely something between the Zappi and Tesla and I would guess the Tesla going to sleep isn't helping
Thanks for that. I haven't tried that combination so I will give it a go